Friday, June 12, 2009

School's Out for Summer!

YUP! It's summer vacation! Just in time, too! What a school year it's been. I heartily recommend a 2 week trip to China and a month of maternity leave, along with getting used to a one year old to make the year fly by! =)
The end of the year party had an 80's theme. Made you realize how young most of the teachers are at our school! I graduated from high school 20 years ago this year....

My Room was finally clean and cleared out. Seems like just yesterday it was October 10, 2008 when my brother and Giggy brought my just arrived referral and pictures of Ellie to me in this room at my new school. Sigh...
Anyway, I checked out and headed home for a celebratory lunch with Ellie and Giggy!


Lunch, a lovely nap (for both mommy and Ellie) and then out to play with (in) the water table (bath). The girl does not get that it's a table! But she sure looks cute!

Yes, for her safety I do make her sit in the water. And I will get to the lawn...tomorrow. =)

Tomorrow we have our adoption agency picnic and hope to meet up with Jennifer and her daughters. They were part of our travel group. It will be six months since Ellie Day on Sunday. She is my heart and I'm so lucky to have all summer to devote to her...and catching up on laundry. =)

5 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

HAPPY 6 MONTH ELLIE DAY!!!

She is adorable! Hey, she is a water loving baby (so is Tate)!!! No wonder she is wanting to totally experience the water and not stand and splash!

Have a funs summer off!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Love the pictures! Has it really only been 6 months???? Sheeesh :)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Maybe time to get a wee backyard pool? Ellie is just too cute.....xo

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Oh, we've got a "wee pink pool" but she doesn't like the grass...especially when mommy hasn't cut it! =)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Carletta said...

Adorable! In six months she has really grown.
You're going to have a wonderful summer! I KNOW you're glad school is over. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home