Referral Day Recap
Here she is in one of my favorite photos! (Ok, so all three are favorites!) It's a girl! Totally overwhelmed with so many emotions.
She's adorable!

Signed acceptance letter. "Can we go and get her now?"
Finished up school and my mom and I drove straight over to the local fedex to ship the letter right back. I didn't know if my agency was open on Saturday and this guy used his fancy phone to call and check. So nice. The letter should have gotten there yesterday. Now we wait for the pretravel meeting (on a Saturday). Looks less and less like this week though. We all went out for a celebratory dinner at our favorite Chinese Buffet. This is our favorite waitress. She read a bit of my referral to me regarding where my baby was found and what she was eating at 7 1/2 months! Fish soup. Not sure Lean Cui.sine makes that one...

It was an amazing day and I was so exhausted after coming home. Such a rush. You can't really see it, but I was wearing my special "Mother and Daughter joined by the Heart" necklace given to me by Cari, my secret pal. =)
Since my referral came unexpectedly three weeks early my shower date had to be changed. My SIL D. is making gorgeous invitations and so on Sunday I registered. Oh. My. Goodness. That place is crazy. Especially when you have no idea what you want or if it's going to fit/work/be needed and are not a shopper at heart!
Thankfully my mom helped me out and we got a few things scanned. This is in the second aisle before the ponytail, sweat and achy feet set in. =)
So as I mentioned, I am waiting...once again. But now I actually know I have a beautiful girl with the name Xing Fu Li waiting for me in China. Makes it both harder and easier. I am sooooo hoping the travel meeting will happen soon and that the agency can get us traveling in December. I would love to be with her for her first birthday.
I did get some interesting info about her name (thank you Nji13) and will probably end of using Xing Fu as (one of!) her middle names. Xing Fu means Happiness (as in an active expression of happiness). I love it!
Thankfully I've had Kay (a second time mom from my agency who was referred a real sweetie!) to fill me in on her previous travel experience. Sadly she is in the other travel group, but we'll meet up at the pre-travel meeting and maybe at the White Swan.
Thank you to everyone who posted their congrats and comments. They will be such a treasure to share with Ellie over the years.
I am also counting down the days til the next referral batch as I have so many bloggy friends waiting from this point on! Bring on the babies!
Just another version of her referral pic 'cause she's so cute! Oh, and Ellie is the "cover girl" on the Singles Adopt China yahoo group page. Thanks, Kris! I'm a proud mama! =)By the way, I am so happy for the families in the process of adopting who will be grandfathered in with this I600 ruling. Ok, that's it for now.



32 Comments:
Oh my gosh... that whole story made me a little teary. Thanks so much for sharing it. Your family taking such an active role in it made the day just about as perfect as it could've been.
Can't wait to watch you go to China and get Ellie. Finally!
Finally - some of the details - thanks for sharing - figured you have been in a whirlwind! Love that I was a small part of your special day! And re-reading your post when I sent the message - yikes - over 2 years ago!!! Well, your patience is paying off and the perfect little girl will soon be in your arms! I can't wait to follow along!
Cari
Just seeing the "perma-grin" on your face in every photo brought the tears on... I can't wait to see that gorgeous baby in your arms!!!
Thanks for sharing all the details of the day!
I love that mile-wide, mega-watt smile of yours. Oh, so happy for you, mama!
Loved hearing about your day.
Thanks for sharing details..
You look like a proud MOMMY..
Ellie is sooo beautiful..
Have a Great Week..
your mother and brother are AWESOME!!!
You are glowing in the pictures - you look so pretty!!!
I have benn waiting to hear all this good stuff... oh thank you to the moon and back for sharing. You have the cutest family! How sweet everyone was there to celebrate this. YOUR ELLIE is so adorable. Kissy Cheeks... dimples. My dream child.
Crossing everything that you will be traveling and back before christmas and Ellie's b-day!
thanks for the thumbs up for the grandfathering thingy!
Yeah...I cried for you! I am beyond excited for you too! I love the intensity of her gaze in that last photo and also LOVE the dimple! Can't wait to see you two together!
Michelle
Illinois
LID 3.8.07 for Raegan
Seeing the pure joy on your face when you finally saw your daughter's face for the first time....Tears of joy are flowing for you!!
I'm so happy for about the 1600A ruling today too....What an amazing day!!
Awesome story!! Thanks for sharing it with us :o)
How great that your mom and brother took such an active role in your "delivery".
Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey and to see that sweet Ellie in her mama's arms!
What a happy day!
Great post! Sounds like the perfect day in every way :) Ellie is just perfect! Let me know when your shower is!
I loved this post! This is the most exciting time!!! I can't wait to see your baby in your arms. I can't get enough of her cute little face.
Yea for the planning period at the end of the day so you could see sweet Ellie's face!!! I am so happy for you, Shannon.
Wonderful recap! Hoping for quick TA!
Keep smilin!
She is gorgeous - 'Happiness' looks a very apporpriate name for your daughter. She looks full of joy - and so do you! Bet you were even doing your Cheshire Cat grin in your sleep! :)
Congratulations again - praying you get your TA very, very soon and can go bring your little darling home.
Wow, is she cute! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the great story!
Jannine
LID 5/15/06
What an amazing day! I can't believe you stayed at school?!! I would've been a basket-case and no good to anyone... least of all teaching children?!!!
You are amazing! Ellie is absolutely kiss-alicious!
What a fantastic week it's been?!
I forgot to say, your "referral day recap" had me in tears! I'm so so so happy for you!
I can't get over how adorable she is!! I'm so glad your referral day was so great and your family was there to celebrate with you! What an awesome story to tell her later!
Those pictures made me tear up. You look so fundamentally happy in them. i hope you travel soon!
I wandered over to your site from Tate-R-Bug and wanted to add my congrats to the others. She is certainly a beauty. What a wonderful family she has waiting.
This couldn't ne better news !!!I think I mentioned before that she is a real cutie. If not, I'm sure you won't mind hearing it again...She is too cute!!!!
Doreen in Montreal single Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan
This seriously makes my heart beat REALLY fast! I'm so ridiculously happy for you... More than I ever realized I would be! Ha ha...
I love that you have a picture of the FedEx guy who delivered your baby. 100% priceless!
Yay, you! Yay, babies! Yay, everyone! lol...
Shannon, what an awesome post! You look SO happy in the photos on your referral day. Thanks so much for sharing your special day with all of us.
I think a lot about how this wait will change when we actually have Lauren's photo in hand. I'm sure it gets harder and harder the closer we get to travel.
I am SO very happy for you! Ellie has no clue what an amazing momma she has waiting for her. By the way, love the meaning of her Chinese name.
Donna :)
Wheeeeee, I love visiting your blog right now, my friend.....I keep thinking that I'll have the SAME post sooooo very SOON!!!!
xxoo
wow! Congratulations! She is beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture with her sticking her little tongue out! What a total little cutie!!!
Congratulations she is a real cutie pie!!!
Shannon!!!
I am sitting here in tears - I am SO HAPPY for you!!!
She is a CUTIE!
I know you will make a wonderful Mommy.
Big Hugs!!
Shannon, I don't know if you remember me, we met at Abby's baby shower. I watch/stalk you blog from time to time and I am SO happy for you. I know how long you have been waiting and wondering. Ellie is BEAUTIFUL! AND what a PERFECT way to receive the news!! Congratulations!!
Kristie
Oh man. Oh I am just crying reading this, totally like ugly cry crying. YOU ARE RADIANT. Radiant and beautiful. A mom. A MOM!!!!!!! I'm still spinning in happiness for you over here. I know I'm late coming to comment, but i promise it's with good reason (i did finally spill the beans...)
And you are SO welcome- I was thrilled to put her face up on our home page!!
Oh my Shannon! Ellie is just too cute for words! I'm sure you cannot wait to smooch those kissable cheeks with those adorable little dimples!
What fun to register for your baby shower! It's happening! Wheee!!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment
<< Home