On Our Way!!!!

My brother and I are off to China in the morning. Finally got our luggage to weigh about 44lbs. each. Shane'll be glad to find out he won't have to carry poptarts and diapers in the pockets of his shorts! I'll be sure to let all of you PAPs (prospective adoptive parents) know what I didn't need. Probably all of it, but I like to be prepared!
Our itinerary:
12/12 to Hong Kong (flying over the North Pole!)
12/13 arrive Hong Kong
12/14 fly to Nanchang, Jiangxi
12/15 FOREVER FAMILY/BABY MINE DAY!!!
12/16-12/19 sightseeing and bonding and paperwork
12/20 (Ellie's 1st birthday!) fly to Guangzhou
12/21-23 medical, paperwork, shopping, etc.
12/24 bus to Hong Kong
12/25 Christmas with Ellie!
12/26 fly home to celebrate Christmas with our family!
Whew! I just can't believe that in 3 sleeps (thanks Kelly!) I'll really be a mom. Totally scary! Totally wonderful! Yeah, did I say scary?!
I wanted to thank my family for seeing me through this wait, believing that I had a daughter in China and supporting me in so many ways. I love you! I have also learned how thoughtful and excited my friends are for me. I'm truly blessed.
Better get to bed. Will post as soon as possible.
I'm coming Ellie! =)



14 Comments:
Alright, I'm crying! Have a safe and wonderful trip and enjoy every single second of it!
Have a wonderful, safe trip. Enjoy Helen and Der they are fantastic and truly magicians with the babies (and mommies!). Elizabeth was Song Song in China. Give them a big hug from her. They did so much to help us to get her to stop crying.
Debbie
OMG, the time has finally come!!! I'm on the edge of my seat!! Be with you in spirit the whole time and I know we'll all be "refreshing" your blog constantly!! Have a save trip, AMAZING journey, and give some Panda Hugs to little Elena!!!
how very awesome..be safe and we cant wait to read more
COngrats!! Have a safe flight. I can't wait to see the pictures of you meeting your daughter for the first time!! YAY!!
YAHOO! I Can't wait to watch your dreams come true!!! Happy travels Mamma :)
I can't wait to see that sweet little one in your arms! I am so excited for you and know how special it will be to have your brother with you during this amazing journey.
Have a fast, safe journey. I'm so excited for you that you are finally so close to Gotcha Day.
Congratulations again.
OMG! You're going!? You're really going? It seems so surreal.
I can't wait to hear all about it. Have a safe and speedy trip.
PS. My spam word is "brings". As in Shannon "brings" Ellie home finally! I just thought that was funny. LOL!
WooHoo!!!
Well, you'd well and truly be in the air now - it's Sat 13th here, which means its Sat 13th in Hong Kong! :)
Hope you had a great trip... BRING ON THE 15TH!!!
Ellie's birthday is the same as my BFF and my mother-in-law. Good people are born on 12/20!
Have a safe trip. I can't wait to see you with Ellie in your arms.
:-)
Oh Shannon, you're on your way!!! Congratulations! 3 more sleeps...whee!
Oh gosh. I hope that this wee note finds you well. I am so excited to see a photo of you and your daughter together as a family.......
xo
Yippie!! Can't wait to follow along!
Post a Comment
<< Home