Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Start with the Bad, End with the Good

While I'm gathering up the baby shower photos I thought I'd give a quick run down on my pitiful pre-travel meeting in Philly. I learned NOTHING at the meeting that wasn't given to us during our first few paperchasing meetings. It was lovely to meet the people in our groups, but otherwise it was a total waste of time. I could have sent my check and signed forms and not wasted 11 hours and $32 in tolls traveling. Anyway, I digress from what you all want to know.

They don't predict us taveling until the end of December or January. Of course, "anything can happen."

This kills me as some of the people getting their referrals a week before have already had their gotcha day. Some just rec'd their TA's and are traveling before Thanksgiving. I was only 11 days or so later!! Sigh. Remember as a single I did not get to pick my agency and as my mom keeps telling me at least I got a singles spot just in time before they closed adoptions for singles. Trying to keep a postitive attitude but it is really hard once you know that little one is there and she needs to be home with her mommy. =)
So if we don't travel til then I will likely miss her first birthday and who knows about Christmas. Can you tell I'm really ticked?

Oh one thing of interest. In my Jiangxi travel group, three children are from one orphanage and the other three are from three separate orphanages. Hmmmm.

Now for the Good.
My internet on my computer has a virus (ok, that's still bad!) so I haven't been able to get online during the most important time of the month. Referral times! Most of you are aware of the sweet picture arrivals but I wanted to note them in my blog as well. That's the very, very good!!
Congratulations to Queen Mama Stephe on her Princess Giorgia, Lovely Lauren Elizabeth has arrived-she so looks like a Lauren!, wee little Flora (let's schedule playdates, Ellen!) and her SWI-mate cutie Ruby, Ruby, Ruby have shown their sweet faces!
Now you are all on that sweet cloud trying to make it float faster, too! Ahh, the roller coaster never stops!
I still have my fingers crossed that February 06 will be finished with the beginning of December and beginning of January referrals. Keeping the faith with you all. =)
Shower was lovely and I promise to get those pictures up very soon.

16 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Shane....

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Shane, You crack me up!

Sorry we didn't get the cheez wit in Philly, but I appreciate you keeping me laughing through the tough moments!
=)

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Ava's family said...

I so hope you can get there before Christmas! I can see that the waiting gets even harder after referral. Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to wait much longer.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for awhile and was thrilled when you got your referral- I am also a single momma and teacher- it is frustrating to wait- but the time will fly quickly and then she will be yours forever- get your things organized and take lots of naps now and go out to dinner:)
Quinn's mom

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger t~ said...

Ugh.
Crap.
Hmmm.
Wow.

Hope you travel soon!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Stephe said...

Ooooh, I could have met up with you in Philly!! I love my agency, they are far away but allow us to conference call in!!!

I can't wait to see the shower photos and maybe you'll be traveling with us 17er's in the begining of Jan. Not that you want to wait that long to see your sweet daughter but you know! Hugs. Hope thing get better soon! Stephe

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

This time last year I was being told that there was no way (NO WAY) Hannah was coming home before Christmas. Well, with a lot of effort and hard work from a lot of people, we got our Christmas miracle. I know exactly how you must be feeling at not being able to sweep your little girl up into your arms. I really hope you too get your Christmas miracle and can go get your baby girl realy soon.

(And my word verification code is "vasectom" - made me laugh :)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

What do the agencies really know??? SO far they have not been able to predict referrals...I think you will travel sooner than predicted.

I also did not get to pick my agency like the married ones. I have had major issues with my agency but I try not to let it affect me.

Can't wait for pictures from shower!

Lisa

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Its just SO frustrating, how inconsistent things have become.

On to sweeter things - YES! Aren't the babies just divine! Its surreal - to have followed these families for years... and FINALLY their dreams have come true!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

S,
Wouldn't it be great if we ended up traveling together? I know , you want to get there sooner :(
Ellie and Flora are destined to be friends! Age is close, we live near each other, and so on....
Fingers crossed that our TA is en route!!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger SARA said...

soo sorry you are having to wait to travel.
*hugs*

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Sorry for the duds!

Love the good stuff and look forward to shower pictures.

I should have something on its way for Elena withing a week or so :0)

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Shane....

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

So sorry for the yucky stuff and happy for you for the good stuff. I so hope that you get to travel before the end of the year. Would you love to spend Christmas in China?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Carletta said...

I'm saying a little prayer it will be before Christmas.
Can hardly wait to see shower pics.

It's happening!!!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Debbie and Sam said...

We are from Virginia and we had our travel meeting in Philly too. I wonder if you are with our same agency? Congratulations on your referral.

Debbie
www.emaspath.blogspot.com
www.emasjourney.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home