Packing...
for China is not as easy as it seems...at least for me! Those people going COO (carry-on-only) I'd like to see it in person!
Going to "go native" I suppose.
My agency emailed yesterday evening and informed us that they "could not get confirmation for everyone" on 12/25 so we will be returning on 12/26. That totally threw me off - ok, so I was already a wreck with a cold to boot! I really must learn to go with the flow. Breathe in, breath out...



12 Comments:
Well, from what I hear - the White Swan is beautiful at Christmas - so you'll get to enjoy it the whole day! (Are you staying there?)
Two pair of jeans,sweater tops & underwear. It is cold. So, warm jacket, gloves. My pouncho kept me warm.
How exciting! I'm going to be another great Aunt!
Still putting all my stock in COO.
Get packin'
Michele-I think I'm in Hong Kong at that time.
Karen- My clothing is no problem! It's trying to dress a little girl who is either in 9 or 12 months clothing, anticipate her needs, choose a formula, pack enough diapers and meds to survive til we can find/buy more...I guess it's packing for the unknown in less than 44lbs.!
:) I CAN'T WAIT TO BE PACKING!!!
I've got the list in my head!!! 3 sets of clothes each... that'll do us!!! Its the mountains of medicine I'll be taking, that'll load us down!!!
Yeah, seriously. I'm not going COO and it's looking like I'm going NATIVE!! Oiy. I need all your packing tips!! I've got to cut DOWN!!!!
Have the BEST JOURNEY EVER!!! You will have your baby for Christmas!!!!! How very BLESSED a Christmas it will be!!!
Stephe
Guess I could go native! When we get to the hotel, we can make play clothes out of the drapes! These are a few of my favorite things!
BTW-
We are going to CHINA!!!!!!!
Breathe, my friend, breathe.
In the whole waiting game skeem of things, one day is just one day.... this time you will be huggin' on your Ellie!
DON'T GO CRAZY!!! They may not let you on the plane!!!!! LOL!!! Go crazy someother time! You got work to do girly! Your having a BABY THIS CHRISTMAS!!! And looking at that darling pic below..she's a beaut! just like her Mama!
I'm so excited for you!
When you are in Hong Kong, Ben will teach you about being an "elegant tourist" (aka - no rushing, just relax) When you meet Der, he will teach you about May Won Tee (no worries) Other then western med's don't worry about too much. They can get you to a store where you can buy what you need cheap.
Can't wait to follow your trip.
Deb
We did carry on only for our stuff. We took 3 bags of checked orphanage gifts like blankets clothes and stuff. But we traveled in 2005 and I understand that things have changed as to what is allowed. Oh and if youare going to Guangxi prov you will be in Nanning and there is a huge walmart and a huge department store, you can find everything you need. I am so excited for you. enjoy your time and take lots of pics even if you think you already have.
Make sure and send me your packing list, por favor!!! Ruby's bedroom is completely strewn with items for our trip - egads!
Post a Comment
<< Home