Friday, September 22, 2006

Race for the Cure


After completing my second half-marathon, this short race should be a piece of cake. However, for those fighting cancer, this "race" is likely the toughest obstacle they'll face in their lives...the one for their lives. I'm sure you know at least several people who may have earned their angel wings too soon, are ruthlessly fighting cancer right now, or are fierce survivors.
I am proudly fundraising for these family members, friends and community members through Race for the Cure which supports the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Please consider donating to this cause either through my fundraising site, starting your own fundraiser, or simply donating to a foundation in your community. No amount is too small. It all adds up to big things! Thank you!

P.S. I'm running October 21st and will be sure to update.

Find out here how your contributions are spent.

6 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

I am so in awe of people who run marathons.. The time and training alone must be a battle. Good for you Shannon...I however, will be walking, i'm good at that!! I do the "Making Strides" 5 mile walk with my student council kids each year. It is fun and they really put their hearts into the fundraising and completing it. It's on Oct 15th. I'll be thing of you on the 21st.. cheering ya on! Hope your school year is going well also. So far so good.. as good as my good could be anyway!!

Ps.. Did you catch the Baby Story episode with our agency? I missed it , didn't realize it till afterwards.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Deb said...

You are a great team player love that spirit in you, you just ran a race a few weeks ago and you are willing to step up to the plate again, Hats off to you. (I Bow)
*HUGABUGS*

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

Bless you!!!
{{{HUGS}}} from the daughter of a SURVIVOR!!!!!!!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Special K said...

I am in awe of your dedication to running. I once (and the last time) ran 6.5 miles in a relay marathan and it was really hard. I know what it takes to train for these things. You go girl!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Good for you! What a great cause.

Keep smilin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home