Monday, September 11, 2006

Two for Tuesday 5th ed. (early edition)

I'm taking a quilt class tonight (gotta get started on Elena's One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt) so I'm making this short and sweet. That means I'm using Barnes & Noble to help me describe how great these books are!


I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont is heartwarming and funny. Per the BN Site Annotation: In rhyming text, a little girl expresses confidence and joy in her uniqueness, no matter her outward appearance. The illustrator, David Catrow, also did I'm Still Here in the Bathtub.


For the older kids, More Parts by Tedd Arnold is humorous as it helps teach idioms and it's kinda gross. Gotta love it!
Per the Publisher on BN's site: Give me a hand . . . hold your tongue . . . scream your lungs out . . . what's a kid to do if he wants to keep all his body parts in place? Well, one thing is for sure, he'll have to be creative. Like, if you want to keep your heart from breaking, just make sure it's well padded and protected by tying a pillow around your chest. Want to keep your hands attached? Simple-stick them on with gloves and lots of glue. Just be careful not to laugh your head off!
By the way, this author wrote a series of three: Parts, More Parts & Even More Parts.

Let me know what you think of them and let me know your favorites. I am always on the lookout for new ways to teach my students language skills!

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Parts is a good one!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

My son loves Parts. I'm not sure if I do but he does so I have no choice just like "Captain Underpants" he loves that which means he wants to read and that is good.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger 4D said...

I am a huge lover of books and those look fun. I don't have any recommendations but I am taking down yours for future reference!

Keep smilin!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Kramer said...

I love seeing all your book suggestions! I just have to get out there and buy them, or maybe I should just go visit Amazon! (Gotta go!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home