End of June Already? Quick Update
ZZZZZzzzzz...
Fooled ya, mommy! I was only pretending! Ellie had her 18 month checkup last Thursday. She bravely endured more poking and prodding and was declared in fine health to run her mommy ragged! She's up to 21 lbs. and 13 oz. and sprouted another half inch. These days she prefers to eat tomatoes, oranges and french fries. Not so fond of milk; she loves water. Everything is "pa" verbally in the sweeeeeetest little voice! We've been working on talking but I will admit Ellie is the most stubborn speech student I have ever worked with! =) Her receptive language is within normal limits. And the way my daughter throws, she'll be recruited by the major leagues before she's three! All in all, not bad for just 6 months home. We are both loving summer vacation. Mommy's bedtime comes verrrrry soon after Ellie is asleep! Ellie has latched on to that pacifier and uses it to chew on with all those teeth erupting. She starts chewing on her thumb when she doesn't have it. I have a mini potty chair out for her to explore and sit on when she wants. The other day when I was running her bath she took the cup part of the potty out and sat naked in the chair. When she got up she had peed right down the hole onto the floor! My little girl, using her own squatty potty already! haha I only hope when we really start into potty training I can convince her to leave the cup part alone! Ellie *loves* our dogs. Bernie avoids Ellie whenever possible (that was predicted) and Gracie tolerates Ellie's constant admiration very well. Gracie knows she gets her payback at mealtimes! We've had more playtime and pooltime with the cousins since school let out. Ellie adores them! K. can make her laugh in a snap and D. gives her the most squeeziest of hugs. Well, It's bedtime for me finally. Busy week ahead with Khalil's 1st birthday party, identification cards at the DMV, and leaving for Ohio for a couple of days. How was packing for China so easy and packing for three days in a very close state so difficult?! Maybe Giorgia's mom Stephe has a list... =)
UPDATE: Stephe has a list!!!!!!!!!!!
Wondering if any of you AP's have sent the orphanage directors updates or pictures of your kiddos?



8 Comments:
So fun to hear the updates on little Miss Ellie! Good luck with the packing... remember you can always buy what you have left behind...
Girl, you know I do!!! lol. I sent it to you if you do me one favor...change the "e" to an "i". I know, I had to be one of "those" moms. lol
Love the update on Ellie!!! Her mama is doing an AMAZING job!!!
Stephe
Oh yeah, are you flying or driving?
Stephe, So sorry 'bout the "i"! I know I have it right elsewhere...
I am still chuckling over your endless supply of helpful lists. You were the one that made China packing so easy-now our flight to Ohio will be, too! Queen of truly useful information! Thank you!!
Ellie bean is doing very well! Wow I guess I'm in for a surprise with Jazmyn, she is 34 inches and only wieghs 28 lbs! I just can't picture a 4 year old being that tiny. Expecially when in the referral pics she looks so big, mind you I'm sure being from northern China they have 3 shirts or more on her.
Have fun on your trip!
Hugz
She is so cute Shannon!
Grandbaby Lily is 18 months old today.
Have a fun trip to Ohio!
She is so cute. I have sent books to the orphanage but never received a reply as to if they received it. I have sent twice through my agency and once recently with a traveling family.
wow - I can;t believe you have been home 6 months already!
So funny about taking the cup part of the potty out and peeing in the floor!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home