Monday, June 18, 2007

Items Found with Baby?


I was at the local FCC Kite Festival the other day and one mom mentioned how shocked and disappointed they were to find no note/memento left with their daughter. A dad mentioned that even though their daughter was said to be found wrapped in a specific article of clothing, they weren't shown or given that to keep.
For those of you on this journey...are any of you expecting that your child will be left with a memento or that you will receive it? I got the feeling that most babies are not left with anything (other than a blanket/outfit). At the J*ne L*idke seminar last October, I inferred that things are rarely left with the babies. But she also stated that if you get to go to the orphanage and there is mention of a memento, to ask for it (not that it will necessarily be found in the SWI files). Without denying that a memento would be of great comfort for your child, are you/were you expecting anything?

11 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WE are just starting this wait, but thats a great question. I have heard of only a few with notes or things like that..NO expectations at all

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Based on what I have read I was not really expecting anything. I have read on several occasions that when there is a note the director would not let the family have it. Families are told the child can come back and get it when she is an adult? I do plan on sending a camera though and hope to have some pictures.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

If we receive anything I will consider it an unexpected treasure. I don't expect to get anything. I will just be happy to have our daughter.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger 4D said...

I hope we receive something but not expecting it.

Keep smilin!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Special K said...

Not expecting anything at all.

But it would be truly a gift to find there is something of her past to keep for her...

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

I am not expecting anything to be left with Tate. It would be a bonus, though.

Lisa

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

I hadn't given it too much deep thought but I don't think I'm really expecting anything. If so, it would be a gift.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Deb said...

I'm not "expecting" anything so I won't be disappointed, but a note would be a priceless treasure.

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely ask! I hope we are one of those families who has that opportunity.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger ~ Alison said...

I didn't expect anything & there were no reports of anything being left with Mali. She's enough for me! (of course)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

nah, not expecting anything - if Ruby is left w/ some memento - WONDERFUL surprise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home