Monday, April 16, 2007

April 16th

Before I bombard you with vacation pictures of red rock and more red rock, I have some housekeeping to do since this is a journal of sorts.
First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those touched by the horrible tragedy at Virginia Tech today.








Please excuse the rest of my post as it is trivial in comparison.
The CC** referred only two days this month. Up through October 26th 2005. Yeah. Moving on.
Today my dossier has been logged in with CC** 14 months. Oh my.

While I was on vacation in St. George, Utah and visiting Zion National Park, my parents took care of the girls (Thank you!) and my Dad surprised me by painting Ellie's room. Shane also put the crib up. Again. Just a few days shy of a year after he first put it up! =) Many thanks to you both. The new set up is going to be perfect.

As far as spring break, I really enjoyed hiking in Snow Canyon and parts of Zion and I met some wonderful, fun new friends.I even "ziplined" 730-ish feet across a canyon 130-ish feet up! I am such a thrill seeker! Ha! These pictures are of various trails in and around Snow Canyon.


















Kudos to my friend Angie who hiked Angel's Landing at Zion! Wear your t-shirt with pride! (Yeah, this last picture shows her hike!)





I did several other trails after deciding ziplining was all the craziness I could stand. Heck, just looking up was dizzying! Zion has amazing views. It was a great adventure and now I can start counting down the days til summer vacation. Awful how everything these days is a countdown, isn't it? Gotta work on changing that and also start training for the half-marathon Labor Day weekend. Anything to keep my mind off the wait for Ellie. =)

11 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

Wow... those are amazing photos. Glad to hear you had a great time.

I'm with ya on the countdown to summer vaca. This year has gone fast, I feel like we were just posting about having to get up for the first day!!! If only the time to referral could feel as fast!

Have a great week.. Yeeaaa on the 14 months :o)

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Congrats on 14 down.

Nice vacay and one super sweet fam to paint the room and put that crib back up. Keeping the hope alive :0)

Hope your coworkers have received encouraging news about their VT loved ones.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Gorgeous! I love Zion. And, you are training for a half? Def keep us posted on how that is going!!

Good luck...on the training and the perpetual Wait-ing.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Glad to see you back I was getting worried about you. The pictures are breath taking.

Cograts on 14 months less to wait :)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

congrats on 14
love the photos

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Great photos a couple of them aren't showing up, but the ones that are thee are amazing! I love the last one.
Nice to see your back and had a great time.
Happy 14 months.
So any pics of Ellie's newly painted room?

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Congrats on 14!!

Your pictures are breath-taking! What a perfect vacation spot.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Congrats on 14!

Sounds like a wonderful trip and great surprises when you got home.

Breathtaking scenery...love the pics.

Keep smilin!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

WOW! Amazing photos.

Who'd have thought... 14? I'm right there with ya, Shannon!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow that was a long hiking trip. Looks heavenly though. You must feel and look great after that workout.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Hi again just checkin in on ya.
I nominated you for the Thinking Blogger Award. I really enjoy your blog and I think you deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home