May Days
CC** "matched" families logged in through November 1, 2005 the other day. A big congratulations goes out to the newly referred families and children, including local friend Kristy and her daughter Grace who will soon bring Katherine home!
Big happenings lately? Not much. The Queen is in the house for the Jamestown 400th Celebration.

I have 28 more days of school before summer vacation/summer school!!!

It's been a rough year for me and I am very ready to pack things up and then start fresh in the Fall. Isn't it great how the school year allows for that? I noticed that I posted last year when I only had 28 more days to go. Weird. I am so hoping that 28 is not the number of months I will be logged in before I see Ellie, but then again, 28 might be on the short side. I can't believe I will very likely have a whole third school year of waiting. (I tend to mark my years with the school calendar!) Supposedly there are fewer babies available and I really hope that is the true reason.
Our fave rumor site guesstimates a possible attrition rate of 25% (families dropping out/switching to SN, etc.) That's big. I know many of us have reassessed what path they should follow, but I really don't really have any other options. So I'll wait (and whinge, I admit!) for her.
Lastly, I would be amiss as a speech-language therapist if I didn't advertise that May is Better Hearing & Speech Month. So better up, y'all! =)



3 Comments:
You wouldn't be counting those days to summer vacy too seriously now, would ya? I'd be counting too. It's time for some sunshine and fun.
Hanging with you too. I wonder about 25%..seems really high (at least around the time of our LID..maybe later ones).
Yeeeeeaaaaah, I highly doubt the 25% attrition rate. We're all a-waiting and a-waiting.
I am also on the countdown, actually I guess we are on two. :)
We have 22 more days. I am so ready for this year to be over. It has been rough! I think part of that is due to the fact I thought we would be in China sometime during this school year.
I also relate life in terms of the school calendar. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home