16 Months

Yes, it's the Sweet 16 marker. Sixteen unexepected months since my paperwork was logged in at the CC**. I'm thinking 10 more to go. Ok, hoping no more than 10!
Today my niece and I went to the belated Kite Festival hosted by our local Families with Children from China. We were soooo lost trying to find this place! Thank goodness for cell phones and for Giggy and Patti for having a map nearby. We finally got to Sleepy Hole (??)park and arrived just in time for a (scheduled)visit from some local firefighters. They gave a fun safety lecture and the kids got to check out the engines and see them all dressed up for duty. Reminds you how scary fires can be.
The most popular activity was playing in the big dirt pile near the picnic site. Good times! So much dust you needed the fireman's garb to see through to the other side! Meanwhile I played with little Olivia (18 months) who has been home for about 6 months now. Cutest thing and sporting squeaky shoes. And to top the day off, we found a lucky ladybug as we were getting into our car. I take the lucky signs whenever I can get them these days! =)



5 Comments:
Happy 16! I don't think you will have 10 more months to wait. Things have got to speed up soon :)
Happy 16. I'll be hanging that 10 or more with you!
Congrats on having 16 months behind you! You're on the down slope!!!!!
Happy 16!! I agree...take the signs where you can.
Keep smilin!
Happy 16 months to you!
Post a Comment
<< Home