Thursday, October 16, 2008

Checking In


Today would have been LID Anniversary #32. Instead it is "the eve of 1 week since receipt of referral." Is there an acronym for that?! When does the imprint of that Log In Date on your brain go away?!
Still, to celebrate moving past the LID countdown? Well let's just say...







Soon all you other PAP's will feel the same way! =)

So on to a different wait. Next step is finding out the date of my pre-travel meeting in Wynnewood, PA. Anybody been there? My brother/travel bud is looking to order the perfect Philly steak sandwich. =)
I suppose after that, the next countdown becomes waiting for travel approval, consulate approval, and whatever other approval they throw my way. Bring it ON!!=)

In the meantime, Ellie and I have already received some wonderful gifts! My mom gave me this beautiful locket for Ellie J. Xingfu's photo. Have to figure out how to shrink my baby's head that small. Hmmmm. Weekend project.
My cousin Jenny sent me some "adopting parent essentials" which she says have already come in handy for her. Thank you, Jenny!

Ready for some rumors for the next batch...

11 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Shannon,

Here is a cheesesteak link for Shane. http://www.cheesesteaktown.com/

I used to shop at Franklin Mall. Very much like Potomac Mills if you have time.

Patti

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Now this it a number worth celebrating.... 32 LID months BUT THE EVE OF REFERRAL IS BETTER!!!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Billy and Maggie said...

I can only imagine the joy you must be feeling. She is SO beautiful Shannon! Im looking forward to following your journey.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Yup, hard to believe that today is our 32nd LIDversary. Last year, I would have never imagined we would see this.

I can't wait for referral rumors to start...I want my picture gosh darn it!

Donna :)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger t~ said...

So happy you don't have to count that 32 LID...and I seriously doubt if I will ever view March 7 the same way again.

Life is good! Enjoy the ride!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Doreen said...

I have only one thing to say....HURRAY!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Pug Mama said...

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Everytime I see that little picture I just break into a grin. Cutealicious!

Yep, I'm ready for not only rumors but some REALLY great facts about the next batch...and the one after that...and after that. You get the idea ;0)

 
At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon--
Not sure if you remember us, but we all met at Jennie L.'s shower....we just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! She is adorable and soon she will be in your arms. Believe us, it will be worth the wait.

Take Care and Congrats, again.
--jen and jainy
www.babyhomepages.net/dolatajkjk

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

how are plans coming along? :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful. Your site was a link off Abby's and I had to click on it. AFTH is a great agency. We used them with our adoption in 2005. We left about a month 1/2 after we got our picture.

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home