Friday, October 10, 2008

Meet Xing Fu Li soon to be Ellie!!





She's soooo cute!!! Guess I didn't need any bows after all, Stephe!
These pictures are from the end of July. She'll be one just before Christmas and she's living at Xinfeng COunty SWI in Jiangxi!
I sooooo hope to have her in my arms before her birthday and Christmas! I have more to share but I am shaking as I type and my family and I are going out to celebrate!
Thank you all for your support and wonderful wishes! What a magical feeling that so many of you have and many more of you WILL be experiencing soon!

91 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Mary said...

OMG! I've been watching for that beautiful face all day....I just refreshed the webpage and here she is!!! Hello little Ellie!!!!!

Congrats Shannon!!! Hugs to you!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger HuluMama said...

Congratulations Mom!!!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Oh Shannon! I am about to just in tears. At LAST those so close to me in this wait are seeing the dream come true. Congrats on your lovely new daughter!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

YAY!!!! OMG she is adorable! Those lips, those cheeks :P Congratulations MOMMY!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Enjoy the moment :O To me it felt like Christmas for a long time after. Still does Actually :) I'm so excited for you!!!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Special K said...

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!
I've been checking in all day. Sooooooooo happy to finally see her sweet little face. You must be over the moon. Congratulations mommy!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said...

Oh my...Shannon Ellie is soooo beautiful!! CONGRATS Mommy!!! I'll write more later, just finishing up work!!!

I'm SOOOO HAPPY for you!!!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Oooohhhh Shannon she is a sweetie! Its just so amazing how this has all happened!!!

I have no doubt you WILL have Ellie in your arms before her birthday and Christmas!

Oooo! I'm just so excited for you!
CONGRATULATIONS MUMMY!!!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I am FREAKING OUT (at work!) right now. Huge congratulations. She is so precious. So. Precious.
Thrilled for you!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Congratulations! She's SO sweet!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Mike and Rhonda said...

Shannon,

She is adorable! You are such a precious person so you guys will be an amazing family.

Congrats
Rhonda

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

Ohhhh the happy tears are falling....

She is BEAUTIFUL Shannon, just perfect.

A Thousand congrats to you and your new daughter....

I am soooo absolutely thrilled for you. Those dimples... OMG such kissable cheeks!!!

Yay Yay Yay.... there aren't words to type of how excited I am for you!!!!

Your a Mommy!!!!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

OH Shannon... Congratulations!!!!! She is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon!! She is so beautiful! You are both so lucky to finally found each other. Ellie is truly blessed to have such a wonderful mom like you! This has been going thru my head since I heard you were waiting this week to hear about her. I know it is Savage Garden but still......
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

Luv you Girlfriend!! Can't wait to meet Ellie! (see how excited I am?! I actually left a comment!!)

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are a mom! Enjoy the moment and I can't wait to follow your journey to China!

Cari

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Beeb said...

Oh my!
What cheeks!
She's soooo cute. I bet you're on cloud 9. Congratulations mama.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger The Johnson Family said...

We are absolutely speechless...I can't believe we are seeing her face. Davy and I have been talking a lot about how exciting it is that you are adopting Ellie. Today when I showed him the picture (via Giggy then Jude) he said, "Oh mommy I love her. She is beautiful. I want her."
Congrats! We are so excited for you!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said...

CONGRATS!!! She really is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the journey unfold!!!

Tiffany

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Billy and Maggie said...

Oh my God she is beautiful! What an angelic little face she has. Congratulations!!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!! So happy to see this picture of your beautiful daughter!!! Congrats and praying for quick TA, so she will be in your arms soon...Linda

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, she is BEAUTIFUL!
Donna

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon,

I was tearful today at work when your mom e-mailed to say "the stork had arrived" and she was delivering your package to you at work!!!!!

Ellie is beautiful!!!! We are so happy for all of you!!!!


Patti

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

SCREAM!!! She is so adorable! Just look at those waiting to be kissed cheeks....and dimples! So excited for you!!! Can't wait for more info and pictures!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

OOOOppppps... SO excited that I forgot the cordial stuff like...CONGRATULATIONS MOMMA!!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Gilmore Girls said...

Shannon,
Wow - to think that almost 7 years ago when I shared I was starting the process for Katie - you shared that you would like to adopt one day. And - now - your dream is true.
I am SO happy for you.
Much love,
Michele, Katie & Maggie

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Ava's family said...

OMG!!!!!! She is just too cute!!!!
I've been dying because I've been away from my computer and couldn't get to your site to see her!!!! Congratulations Mommy on your beautiful little girl! Ohhh how I hope you have her in your arms before her birthday!!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

Lovely, wonderful day - of COURSE, your hands are shaking - you are FINALLY a MOMMA!!!!

I'm thrilled for you, my bloggy friend! Beautiful Ellie and beautiful Shannon will enjoy a VERY beautiful Christmas together this year.

I'm so very happy for you both -
xo
Kim

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...

OMGOSH I have a soft spot for bald babies. That little bald head is the best place on earth to steal kisses.

She is adorable.

LOL my word verification is Sayma ;)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger t~ said...

3rd time checking today. OMG, it's unbelievable!

Congratulations Shannon, your daughter is bald and beautiful. We've enlarged all her photos and all my boys agree that she is just to stinkin' cute. AND....she's a Jiangxi girl!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger A Beautiful Mess said...

Congrats!! She is such a cutie:)

Exciting times ahead!!

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
She is soooooooooooo beautiful - hair or not - just a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been out all day - just got home - after I let the dogs out, turned the dryer on, I ran to my computer to check if you had any news. So happy for you!!
Bless her.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

You are such a lucky mommy!!! She's adorable! Those cheeks...

Okay, when you get a moment email your address to me. It's time to send some cuteness your way for your cute baby girl.

:-)

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon,
It's been said a thousand times here but congratulations!! She is just beautiful! I am so happy for you all! What an exciting day! Let me know when you need a babysitter.....
Sandra

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has my ears...
Auntie Dannette

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe, Shannon.....she is just amazingly beautiful!

I am so happy for you!
We are not far behind ;)

Your friend from Washington State.
XXOO

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Congratulations....what a cutie!!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Nina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a wonderful and welcome and beautiful surprise!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Oh Shannon! Ellie is beautiful!!! Congratulations mommy! May she be in your arms by Christmas.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Kelly & Todd said...

I'm so very happy for you!! Your daughter is just BEAUTIFUL. Best wishes to you and here's hoping for a very speedy travel.

-- kelly :-)

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Mother's Day, you!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Congrats!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Kim said...

She is BEAUTIFUL...
Congratulations..
Love her little face ...
Have a WONDERFUL Weekend..

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygoodness, i've been away for a few days for work and have just come back TO THIS NEWS! I am THRILLED for you, so so so so so thrilled! Congratulations and all my love and best wishes! YEAH!!! You've got a baby! You made it! And she's perfect! mwa! mwa! mwa!

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Susan said...

YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! I love her fuzzy hair, I still think hairbows would work. Congratulations on your SURPRISE referral!!

susan aka: ladeeesquire from RQ feb room
lid 2/13/06
dor 9/29/08

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

She is an absolute treasure! I'm so happy for you. You have so much joy to come. Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Shannon she is ADORABLE!!!!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!

Did you get ANY sleep last night? ;o)

Wooooo HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Shannon,
I am so happy for you. Your daughter is adorable!

Congrats!
Joan, mom to two from China.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful child! Congrats.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said...

Ohweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!! What a little doll she is! Sending you love from China

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Deb said...

YAY!!!! I'm so incredibly excited for you! My heart is swelling! She is simply adorable. I love the dimples!
What an amazing Christmas this will be! Praying you"ll have her in your arms before her birthday!!!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Mom 2 six said...

Shannon- I am so happy for you. She is BEAUTIFUL !!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger ~ Alison said...

OMG! Congratulations, Mom! She is beautiful . . . looks SO healthy, & happy!!!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Debbie and Sam said...

Congratulations!. She is beautiful! I saw your post on the AFTH listserve. We brought home our daughter last September. We are also a virgina family.

Debbie
www.emasjourney.blogspot.com

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Marla said...

Oh my, what a cutie, I LOVE those cheeks!! Congratulations!!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Headmeister said...

OMG!!!! SHE IS STUNNING!!!!

CONGRATS TO YOU, MAMA!!!!!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Congrats she is beautiful!!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Debra Sue said...

Late getting the news - congratulations! She's a cutie!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Suzie said...

Ellie is beatiful!!! Congratulations!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger kitchu said...

o my god shannon!!! i've been in a whirlwind falling in love with my old high school best friend (yes, we dated too)- shhhh, not gonna blog that- i had NO IDEA!!!!! she is absolutely adorable!!! what an amazing surprise!!!!!!! congratulations mom!!!!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

She's wonderful! Congratulations on your new daughter!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Karrie said...

YEAH!!!! So happy for you!!!
What a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Momma!!!!!!!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger 4D said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations...she is darling!!!!

Keep smilin!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger a Tonggu Momma said...

She is absolutely adorable!!! Congratulations, Mama.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Adorable!!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is beautiful!!! do you think with her lighter features maybe she is half caucasiun?
Congrats!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Oh my...she is beautiful! Congrats!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations! She's just adorable!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Ahhh...the moments that take your breath away! This is one of them. Congratulations Shannon! She is just beautiful - what a long wait - oh so worth it now eh? Happy days ahead!! Enjoy this time. She is a blessing.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger John & Michelle said...

Those cheeks are ready for her moma's kisses! And those lips are too pretty! Lookin forward to the rest of your journey!
Michelle
Illinois

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Blogs by Danielle said...

SHE IS GORGEOUS! CONGRATS!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Kayce said...

Congratulations!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger 3 Peanuts said...

Congratualtions! She is darling:)

Kim

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger kitchu said...

i put your girl on the SAC homepage :O)

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Adorable! I'm so happy this BIG surprise batch included your beautiful daughter. Congratulations!!!

Jennifer
~ RQ buddy, and fellow momma of a Jiangxi Jewel

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger looneytunes32 said...

Congratulations!
I'm Mary, I posted on the Xinfeng yahoo group already.
Your daughter is just gorgeous!!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Congratulations...she's beautiful!

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is unbelievable! I am so happy for you. She is beautiful. Congratulations Shannon! You deserve being happy!! A

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Stephe said...

HOLY MOLY! I go away for a couple of days and I MISS your sweetest little girl!!!!!! OMG!! I am just over the moon for you! Awe, you must be so in LOVE! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks well cared for too. (if you can tell that from a photo) Yippee!!!

You might not need bows now but I bet you will soon!!! She's just adorable!!!!!!!!!! Stephe

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

She is beautiful!! I love those cheeks, and her little smile. She looks like a little love bug! I'm sooo happy for you! Congrats momma!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Dawn S. said...

YAY!! Wonderful! What a joy after such a long journey!

Dawn LID 3-13-06 (from your DTC/LID group)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Doreen said...

CONGRATS!!!!! She's adorable!!!!


Doreen in Montreal single Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon, that is so exciting. She looks just like a little precious Buddha. Jeff and I are on hand to do any translating you want to. I am really enjoying my Mandarin classes at the Meihua Chinese Cultural Center - I highly recommend them, the price is right and the schedule is great. We are having our babies together!! My son is due 11/26!!!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger D said...

Congratulations! So fun to get the surprise batch! Yippee! We cleared court today in Ethiopia, so we both have had exciting days!

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow . She adorable...... Can't wait to meet her and give her lots of hugs and Kisses.
Your a mom !!!!!
Jill

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you and your family! I can't wait to hear all about your beautiful daughter!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So beautiful! Congratulations and we will follow your journey with great anticipation!

Teresa

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon

Ellie is beautiful with such kissable checks! I am SO happy for you. Congrats!

I am friends with Jenny (Abby's Mom) and Jenny's sister Laurie. I didn't get to meet you at Abby's shower because I had family in town. Maybe one day!

We adopted our son from Russia in 2004 and our daughter in July 2008 after more than a 3 year wait! The wait time is horrible but being a Mom to the most incredible kids is over the top JOYFUL! Feel the Joy--your sweet girl will be in your arms before you know it!

Mary
Williamsburg, VA

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Marianne Hales Harding said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I am nearly in tears here (darn pregnancy hormones)! This is the best news I've had all day. Congratulations!!!!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Lost and Found said...

I just love that face and the fuzz. She's so beautiful. Can't wait to see you travel to get her.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Although I'm chiming in late, congratulations. My oldest daughter was an adorable little, cue ball like your daughter. She was nearly 3 before her hair was long enough for any type of bow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home