Monday, September 01, 2008

Is it the cutoff the ninth?



First of all, rumor on the RQ forum is that several European agencies have listed the cut-off as 2/9. Better than I expected actually! Still in the running for a November referral!

Second, I finished the 13.1 miles! It was my fourth race and they changed the course a bit so that made it interesting. I ended up walking most of the middle part, but with basically no training past 6 miles and humid weather (note yet another excuse!)finishing was the goal as it's become sort of a end of summer marker for me.
My friend Cindi went along with me. I think the big surprise is that she managed to get up at 4 am! She ran an awesome race and is ready for another! Crazy girl! =))
Here are two before (4 am!) and after (I just finished) photos. Look how refreshed Cindi looks! It was a fun morning!









Third, school with kids starts tomorrow and I so don't feel prepared. Guess that's what I'll be doing today!

14 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Ava's family said...

I just read the rumor on the cut off! Oh my gosh, if it's really the 9th you're SO close!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Joannah said...

I think you are one awesome mom-to-be out there running/walking 13+ miles. I think I could walk it, but I know I couldn't even run a mile. Pathetic, I know...

I sure hope that cut-off rumor turns out to be right. If it is, you could be looking at a referral next month, friend!!!

Have a great first day of school.

:-)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Special K said...

Good job on the race! That's a great accomplishment.

I can't believe how close you're getting to referral. It seems surreal after so much time waiting.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing the marathon--If the rumors are true, then MAYBE October will be your month! Would that be cool?

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger kitchu said...

Way to go girl!! You look amazing in both pics- I'd look dead at 4AM and I'd be lying down after 13+ miles no matter how much was walked!

Here's to November :O) God I can't believe how close you are!!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Yeah for Feb. 9th!
Way to go girl!
Hope you have an awsome first day back to school.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Fingers crossed for you the 9th is proven true.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

13 miles rocks! Thats awesome..Could it be the 9th? Im ready to see some babies

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

WOW!! Way to go girl!!!! I am so impressed that you did 13.1 miles. You have inspired me. I think I will go walk Mesa around the block....(.3 miles)!

FEBRUARY 9th!!! YOU are so close!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Woohoo, you are one on-the-ball, soon-to-be mama.

Can you even believe it??? We're getting there!!!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

I reckon I'd struggle to run from a burning building... let alone do it for fun!!! You guys look great!

Have fun at school! New School year for you isn't it? That seems so weird! Our school year, runs like the calendar year (but our Summer holidays are Dec/Jan!)

OMG! I've just come from RQ (only coz 4 people emailed me, and said it was the 9th!!) I'll hold out for the "official" word, I think! Would be just marvellous if it was true!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger The Johnson Family said...

Congrats on the race! You look awesome, both at 4am and after 13+ miles. (I'd look hideous after either.)

I am so excited if the date is to the 9th. You are getting so close and we are keeping our fingers crossed for you. I'm getting those excited/nervous/scared/thrilled feelings all over again for you.

Much love to you, Grace, Bernie and the rest of the fam...

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

YOU ROCK GIRL!

I'm just saying...

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

You are an ATHLETE!!!! Congrats on finishing the 1/2 marathon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home