Getting Closer to Ellie!

Congratulations to those families seeing their children's faces for the first time! We've made it to 2/9/06!!!!
To get to the 16th we have to bypass 7 days, 2 of them the weekend. Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! That's all I keep saying in my head-like that little girl in the musical Annie!

All the sudden I have no idea what I've done over the last 30+ months to prepare for Ellie's arrival! I am trying very hard to focus on scheduling 70 students (sooo crazy!)and make a good impression at my new school. Once I come home though it is so hard to do homework and not start reviewing all my informative files I've saved over the years! Plus I have to minimize my thoughts about Ellie 'cause now she's real and I can't do anything about her not having a family right now and we all know the nannies do their best but... Three years of waiting has not provided me with patience or peace in lack of control and order. =)
Does anyone else feel like they were better prepared (travel lists, paperwork knowledge, communication methods, attachment signs, baby needs, etc.) back in 2006 when the wait was supposed to be 6-8 months?! I've tucked all my what I need to know info in a box in my head and now I can't find it and can't even focus on where to start! Oh my goodness!



10 Comments:
No kidding!
Just pull a Miss Hannigan and we'll get through it! :)
That made me laugh aloud, Ellen! A lil' drink may do me some good! =)
OH MY GOODNESS!!!
You are just around the corner! As of lists, I was counting on you when it is my time. Now what am I going to do???
I suggest either going over to Giorgio Danette she has all the information you could even dream of.... I think I will ask Ford and Aly too.
Holy crap girl... you better look hard for that box, cause I'm feeling your next... as in only 30 days away... 1 short school month of craziness that will feel like a week...
7 DAYS... They can so pull that off!!
OH MY GOODNESS for sure!!! :o)
Oh, my goodness indeed!!!
You are so capable that you will pull it all together - school and preparations for Elena.
I can hardly wait!!! So excited for you!
Yeah -almost close enough for you to touch!
I'm in the same boat - totally was ready to pack my bags and go in 2006....but now feel like I'm scrambling!!! We are almost there!!
The sun'll come out...tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow...There'll be sun!
HANG IN THERE! Its almost here!
Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow! You're always a day (few months?) away!
I think that's so weird how that happens... how once it's upon you, all that knowledge just goes OUT the window as the excitement and adrenaline fill you up! Don't worry, it's all still in there somewhere... I cannot believe how close you are, I am seriously so excited for you I can't stand it!!!
As Davy would say, "YIKES!" I can't believe you are finally this close.
Guess what, you're never ready. Just take a deep breath and go one step at a time. In the meantime we'll all be holding on like crazy!
Post a Comment
<< Home