Wallpaper Woes

First of all, let me extend an apology to any wallpaper lovers out there for the following rant. Now that I've got that out of the way...WALLPAPER IS THE MOST SENSELESS, RIDICULOUSLY WORK INTENSIVE ON-OR-OFF, PITA WALL TREATMENT ITEM EVER. Phew....ok. Two hours, six spray bottles of water, Half a D*IF spray bottle and my hand cramping from my H*echinger's Hardware Store plastic scraper later, I am only 1 1/2 wall panels down on this horrid floral mess. I know the bathroom is small, but I haven't even finished one wall! And the border thing is worst of all! I've lived here since Spring of 2003, but we (my dad usually steps in at some point!) started with other rooms in the house. Since Summer 2005 (when I started the paperwork for Ellie) I have been going to take that stuff down. Speed ahead through Christmas vacation, Spring Break, Summer 2006, Christmas vacation, Spring Break, Summer 2007...yeah, I had't lifted an edge. (Pretty much no motivation to do it since no one ever goes in there!) Hmmm, I might start taking bets to see who progresses further in their task, me or the CC**.
Guess it gives me time to figure out what colors go with this lovely yellow tile...

Labels: house



11 Comments:
I have been there. Take a break and go back. It is a tedious task!!!!
Hope it gets easier for you
I agree... WALLPAPER SUCKS!
Hope your done soon! I'm slowly working on my list too :)
I'm with you..wallpaper bites. I have not one shred of it in my entire house. I'm a faux paint kinda girl.
Good luck, m'dear. Did you get the Dif GEL? - that stuff kicks the pants off the liquid.
I rented one of those little steamer things from the hardware store to get the stuff out of my bathroom. It melts the glue and it almost falls off the wall. I hate wallpaper. I removed all of it from my house as soon as I moved in.
Good luck.
Dude - I can think is - I sure as hell hope that you had some good tunes to keep you going with this crap job. Maybe a little Adam Ant?
Or, perhaps, some Charlie Sexton????????????
Music helps me along with those crap jobs. I hope that it helps you.
XO
I hate wallpaper and won't use it for that reason. Goodluck!
I agree wallpaper is evil!
Krista's idea sounds great.
Can't wait to see the finished product.
It is is a PITA (I am not the only one who uses that term). Did you have a w.p. scorer. You run it all over the wall and it makes little holes to allow the water to penetrate.
Steamer is a good idea also. Good luck!
Keep smilin!
Now a little bit of Charlie just might have made the whole thing bearable, wzgirl! =)
Ugh - I despise wallpaper!
Haven't left you a post in a while but I am still here!!!!
Have fun at your SLP convention!
Post a Comment
<< Home