Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Welcome to Ellie's Crib!

****UPDATE****
I would like all of my faithful readers to know that it took my brother less than 20 minutes to set up this crib. What a guy!! =)


Many thanks to my Dad who ventured out with me to pick up the crib on Saturday. Thanks also to my brother who put together Ellie's crib. All for just buying him lunch at McD's! Sweet deal. (At least I'm lovin' it! haha) Look he even has the directions out! (Must just be for the photo-op!) Truthfully, I really do appreciate the help.

Although this wait has "blossomed" to probably at least 12 months...sigh...(10 down), I am still subscribing to Lisa's Field of Dreams/Babies Analogy and am working to make Ellie's nursery a special place for her. At least I know we've got enough pink stuffed animals for her! =) Thank goodness I managed to find a brown "Ruby" bear to break up the pink!

11 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

It' looking good! Keep working on that "Field Of Dreams".

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

The nursery is looking so nice!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Looks good Shannon.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a step ahead of me Shannon! Our crib is still in pieces in the basement. We hope to start the nursery in the Fall.

I sent your April package yesterday so I hope it will be arriving tomorrow! Have a great weekend!

Your February DTC Secret Pal

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger SARA said...

OK I had to laugh at the title for your post! Very funny

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Ava's family said...

You have been tagged! Check out my blog for all the detail's! :)
Lisa

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks for all the encouragement.
And extra thanks to my DTC Secret pal!! Can't wait to check the mailbox!
I've been tagged? Oh my, I'd better check it out... =)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Okay, I'm 0 for 2 on this tagging thing. Shannon, I'm joining Lisa and Jeff in tagging you!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Love it!!! You are building it and the babies will come!!!! I need to continue too!!!

Lisa

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DISCLAIMER----
I just wanted to tell EVERYONE, including my buddy Hex in CA that I built that crib in the time it took my sister to go and get me McDonalds. (He said the picture looked like I was struggling.) The picture didn't capture the grace and elegance that went into the "Raising of the Crib"! I assure you, there was magic in that room. Magic!

Shane "Crib Constructor"

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,

I wish you all the best through this process. Hopefully next time I go to VA to visit, I'll be able to meet Ellie. Great shot of Shane, the update is hilarious. Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Hector in San Diego

 

Post a Comment

<< Home