Thursday, March 01, 2007

We Are One

Last night before I drifted off to sleep, I finally could "picture" Elena. Now, I'll be the first to admit I'm very cynical and will quickly add the disclaimer I'm sure my "picture" of her was a wild conglomeration of everyone's referrals mushed up together, in a pink snowsuit! (What a cutie, though!) But all the same, it was a really comforting vision. =)
Adding to this wonderful personality profile of mine, I might add that I love to plan and do things (somewhat!) logically and unfortunately this scenic path allows me to do neither! Instead this wait gives me plenty of time for "what ifs" instead of "just deals" and so I fret about, well, whatever stuff a single-mother-in-waiting is wont to fret about in the dark ages between Winter Break and Spring Break! I don't write a lot of emotional posts, but I wanted to state that I really appreciate all of my family and friends who have been so supportive and loving. As I wait for Ellie, as some of you friends wait for your children, heck, as we ALL wait for the next rumor of the referral stork, "We Are One". Couldn't do it without y'all. Thank you. =)

10 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Sounds like a beautiful vision.

Gotta hold on to those pictures that are painted in our minds.

I agree "we are one" and I'm glad I have you to share this expectancy with.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I'm happy to share the wait with you, Shannon. I hope we won't have to wait much longer... ;-)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Hang in there Shannon. Your dream will come true.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger 4D said...

What a comforting dream. One day the vision will be a reality.

Keep smilin!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

WE ARE ONE in mighty numbers!!! A true support for each other as well as when we are holding our gals in our arms!!!

Hugs
Lisa

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Ava's family said...

Speaking of rumors....Where are they? I was doing pretty good until yesterday with the lack of rumors and the Queen out of the castle...Now, I'm dying to hear SOMETHING!

I also agree..."we are one"....Couldn't make it thru without you all!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Great Post! I hear ya. We are all in this together!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

I've had a couple of dreams now, but like you said - I'm sure my brain just mushes images of recent referrals together to give me a pic in my head of my daughter!!! It is nice though - keeps the hope alive.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

We're getting there! Oh so slow at time but we're making it closer and closer.

Aren't you going to flip if Elena 'arrives' in a pink snowsuit? ;0)

I wish I could see your video. For some reason, none of your video posts ever come through for me.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Indeed! I agree with you about the oneness of it all. This is a community unlike any other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home