Countdown Starts Now?
Last Friday (after the exciting late Thursday night CC** update!) my Dad called to congratulate me on moving forward in the adoption process. Then he called my brother & SIL and told them "Shannon's pregnant!" I still can't believe he did that...shocks me and cracks me up! Who would've thunk he would be calling up family and excitedly informing them his single daughter is pg?!
I think we all feel better knowing I've made it through the review room and that now everything should be good to go, so to speak. So now that I'm "really" pg (and not just LID pg!), I should be expecting Ellie in nine months or less, right?!
This shirt from Adoptionmama.com speaks volumes, but doesn't explain the weight/wait gain!Also, in between boogie-ing down to the new Miko song, my Mom picked up Ellie's 100 wishes quilt squares. She's been dreaming up possible quilt patterns and I think the winning design has been chosen! Giggy is going to look for other pieces of fabric to coordinate the many different designs and types of fabrics. All that fabric has been in a big heap on the floor for what seems like forever. (Kind of like the dossiers at the CC**.) There's not a lot of time to waste, really, before getting the 100 wishes quilt and a million other things done...pregnancy lasting only nine months and all. =) Ok, more likely within twelve months...but one can hope!
When you look at twelve months versus adding the "already have waited almost twelve," it kind of seems manageable. Sort of.
Just moving along and trying to stay positive. I just need some excitement and fun in my life. Good excitement only need apply.



10 Comments:
I here ya! Got to get rid of this pseudo pregnancy weight beforeABby comes! Again congrats on neing out of review!
I meant being out of review.
Congratulations on your "Love" pregnancy!!! he he he!
YAY! I think putting the quilt together is the most exciting bit! I never thought I would be able to get so excited of bits of fabric!
I think 9 months more maybe quite possible. They are going to FLY after they get passed November....A girl can hope, right? I gotta start thinking about the quilt now too. I was waiting until we got out of review....WHOO-HOO...It's time!
Yahoo!!! Thank god we're outta review!!! You dad is too sweet!! :)
Great way to look at it !
Argh (my inner pirate speaks)...I don't even HAVE all the squares yet. Time to light a fire under that family of mine. They're 'working on it' ;0)
I agree...you have to look forward and not focus on the past.
Keep smilin!
...hee hee! Congrats! Where does your dad get his sense of humor?!Love you.
Great way to look at it, I love the tee!
Congrats on the review room, it's a fantastic feeling!
I love your attitude.
You seriously need to order that shirt.
I can't even imagine what your 100 good wishes quilt will look like. Expecially if your Mom is making it with her quilting talents. Keep us posted on the progress.
Less than a year Shannon, believe it.
Post a Comment
<< Home