Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I was pretty successful in getting most of the 0ne Hundred G00d Wishes book done. I will have about 86 wishes once the last promised 10 come in! I kind of just sat at the coffee table watching episodes of my new favorite show The Vic@r of Di.bley and scrapbooked like mad. Usually I never stick anything to a page because I think it could be better, but this time I just forged on. Not bad for a non-creative type!












Mom was thinking snowball pattern for the quilt but is trying this out for now...can y'all guess what they are?










Dad bracketed the bookcases in the study. I have a ton of books home from school now that I'm headed to the Intermediate grades, plus all my special adoption and Chinese culture ones.









He also put up the new room darkening shade. I have the original one in the other room 'cause that was originally supposed to be Ellie's room. Time gives one so much to rethink and redo!










My niece, K. came over to see the shade and was instead uncharacteristically captivated by the new (huge) cradle. She wanted to put the babies to bed so she put the baby one in and was rocking it when I walked out of the room. K. then came running out of the room, carrying the little doll with the pink dress, yelling, "I found Ellie!" Who knew she'd been in her room all this time?!












Rooting for referrals THIS week and hitting February 06! Dream big!

11 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Rooting with you! I'm ready to celebrate some good news.

:-)

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Special K said...

Do you have a quilt square from me? If not, let me know and I can send one if you still need. The scrapbook looks great.

PS. Love those curtains! Did you make them?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I have a beautiful squish from you, K!
Thank you for the compliments.
My SIL made the curtains a few years ago, right when my dossier was submitted.
http://journeytoelena.blogspot.com/search?q=beginnings+of+a+nursery

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Ava's family said...

Love what you did with the scrapbook. Ava's quilt is almost finished, but I've done nothing with the wishes yet.

Glad you got your I171H....You're ready now!!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Rooting for huge referrals!!1

You go girl!!! I have still to do the scrap book for the wishes...

Sooooo glad K found Eli!!!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

You've been busy!!! Yup, c'mon on Feb 06!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Wow! Its all happening at your place!!! I love "Sonia Lee" she's so cute, isn't she?!

Have I given you a square - if not, email me your address, coz I really wanna send you one!
four2five@gmail.com

Your scrapbook looks gorgeous! And I love the pattern you chose! I saw PIPO made one for someone else, and absolutely love it!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

ozimum, you sent me TWO beautiful squishes! Thank you for offering! I think the core Feb/March group are very well represented in the quilt!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger t~ said...

I recently got all of my wishes in a book, but I haven't done anything with the fabric.

Your getting closer! So much closer! Bring on the referrals!!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Wow it all looks so awsome!
Look at you gettin all domesticated and nesting! I'm so excited for you.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

The book and room look lovely. Fingers crossed for you for a great referral month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home