Back from Boston
I spent the last few days living it up in Boston at a speech-language therapy convention. The convention is a HUGE annual event occurring in different cities each year. After several years of attendance under my belt, I've finally figured out how to get the most of the event...and all the free promotion pens I can carry!
It was a rough start with missing luggage, but I was bumped up to a jr. suite at my fancy hotel so it all worked out. I'll admit that tearing up when I was told they might have to move me to a different hotel due to overcrowding actually worked in my favor! =) The luggage arrived later that evening so I didn't have to go on an impromptu shopping spree at the connecting Prud*ential Center (bummer)!
It was a fast paced adventure fueled by coffee, cranberry mojitos and an array of Syrahs!


Boston is a gorgeous city and I was thankful that I had my friends from grad school, Gini and Ann, to explore the town with at night. Days were packed with information and the evenings, too. For example, I had no idea that proper bars had hooks on them formerly to hang hats on while you drank (Thanks to J for that info!) Continuing education, indeed! Will my school count that hour?! =)
Me & Gini after an evening out. Gini, I just realized the last picture I have of us together was the M*ontpelier wine festival ages ago.
My hotel was across the street from the stately 1895 Boston P*blic Library. The closing cocktail party was held there and it was very impressive. Period dressed players fifed/drummed as you entered. How they didn't freeze, I don't know.
Inside, drinks, a mashed potato bar (interesting), "chowda" and drinks...did I say drinks?!...helped warm us up.
Doesn't it look like therapists know how to party? Ha! Way in the background you can see that more period dressed musicians were inside. Good to know those elementary school recorder lessons can someday get you a gig!
This courtyard is so lovely and peaceful.
This is a total H@rry P*tter hallway. I'm guessing we weren't supposed to go up it if there were no lights on?! 
This is the view from my hotel room. If you think this is blurry you should see my other night pics of Boston hot spots! Oh, well.
I was away all week, but I feel like I need to mark my 21st LIDversary so I am moving forward in some way. =) I will catch up soon on my blog reading.



9 Comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Good for you :) Also Thank You for my card :) That was so sweet of you :) Also happy 21 months closer to Elena! Elena Mamma is coming!!!
Sounds like a good time! Happy 21 months down!
That sounds very educational, Shannon! ;-)
Happy 21! Sounds like a super time! I get caffeine, syrah and cranberry mojitos. Gotta ask...what the heck is a mashed potato bar? Sounds odd yet comforting...love the spuds.
Keep smilin!
Ok. So you had me a Potato Bar.
Seriously.
Sounds like you had a great time!
Isn't Boston beautiful!
Doris- They bar offered a scoop of mashed pot. topped with diced/fried? pot. alongside of toppings (sour cream, butter, bacon, chives, cheese, etc.) all in a martini glass. It looked like it was a hit. =)
Happy 21!
What a fun trip! YOu sure know how to live it up at a convention/ conference!
Because I know you have soo much time on your hands.. wink wink... I tagged you with the hellish meme going around. I am TRULY sorry! Click on me to see!
Post a Comment
<< Home