Just when...

...I think everyone has forgotten that I am "expecting"...
Over the past week, several of my colleagues surprised me with warm words of encouragement and interest. One co-worker, Lisa, gave me info about the local FCC(Families with Children from Ch*na) which was represented at her Early Intervention session. The EI speaker, Gretchen, had worked in an orphanage in China until recently and came to speak to the students and PAPs (prospective adoptive parents). Lisa was so nice to bring me an FCC pamphlet. Another co-worker, Tim, directed me to his colleague's blog. They leave today to be united with their daughter in a few days! And after hearing me question the path I'm on, Mary reminded me,Why China?
Plus, the support my family and other friends are still giving me is so appreciated. Patti, Sandra, Shane and my mom peruse Rum*r Queen every so often! Dannette buys me Chinese dolls for Ellie. And my parents listen to me recalculate Ellie's referral date again and again and again... Not to mention the support you bloggers give everyday.
Thank you everyone.
The 12/7 LID-ers with my agency have received "the call"!! Looking forward to hearing all about Jenny and Shannon's daughters!
P.S. Go Colts! =)



6 Comments:
I was thinking this morning about what my "mini-day" will be like... will I cry? will she cry? will I be nervous? And then one of the Mums at school started talking to me (out of the blue) about the day we meet her! I love it when stuff like that happens!
Yep... we're expecting! (cept we get to eat and drink whatever we like, fly on planes right before our families "birth" and wear the same clothes we always have!)
Hang in there. It is hard to stay excited for this long. I can't wait for the day when you get THE CALL..or heck, even for the week before you get the call, when your all excited about getting it. :-) I send you a big hug. You'll get there.
Thank you Shannon! I know exactly what you mean about people forgetting. I don't think they have they really just don't know what to say to us. Thinking of you and of Abby and Elenas future playdates :)
It's so nice when people who are not adopting remember us and our kiddos-to-be with a pleasant word. I know what you mean.
Of course, the adoptive community I have found has always been wonderful.
Thanks for being a part of it.
I really do understand how you are feeling - and how lucky we all are to have great family, warm friends and kick-ass bloggers out there that care about us.
It's tough to stay Suzy Postive all the time - nice to know you have such great shoulders to lean on, eh? :)
I'm glad people are wrapping their support around you, we really need it more often than they know don't we.
Velcro HugZ
Post a Comment
<< Home