Saturday, December 27, 2008

Finally Home!

After two December 26ths and the longest flight ever, we are finally home! We had the whole local extended family including mom's BFF Sandra and her daughter, Rebecca meet us at the airport. Thanks to Rebecca, pctures of the homecoming are to come!
I will try and post more about the trip in the upcoming days. It was a joyous time with some very frustrating moments. That and taking two pep.tos a day doesn't keep you from getting ill, no matter what your doctor or the RQ posters say! =)

Ellie appears to be adjusting well to everyone, and slowly to Bernie and Gracie.
A couple of quick notes before I follow my little sleeping angel and go to bed (it's a belated Christmas Eve here for our family!)

Rumors for my February LIDder's of referrals to the 28th! That would be two months of children referred this year. What a long wait for both parents and little ones! Hoping that the stork will fly this way soon with news of your babies!

While I was gone, my parents lovingly babysat my dogs, raked leaves, vacuumed tons of dog hair, stocked the fridge and decorated with recent pictures of Ellie so I would arrive to clean and happy house. Thank you! Even the dogs seem to be barking less. Amazing!
Thank you to Shane for going with me and providing so much support and teaching Ellie how to laugh at bodily noises and put her pants on her head. =)
Thank you to his wife, D. and my niece and nephew for letting him go with me to China for so long.
Also while I was gone, Matt and our friend Michelle painted a mural on Ellie's wall. It is amazing and the pictures don't do it justice. I waited til Ellie went to bed to take pictures and the lighting, well, I'll try again in the morning. It's just such a cool 3D mural and an awesome surprise that I wanted to post. The mama has green eyes (like me) and the baby, brown eyes. The real bamboo is the coolest. Thank you both for such a wonderful, beautiful surprise!
Thanks also to all of you who read and posted while we were away. It was great to read your notes while so far from home.


25 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Anniesue said...

Welcome home! I am a longtime lurker and am overjoyed at your new blessing! Congratulations to both of you!!!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Ava's family said...

Welcome home!! I can't wait to hear ALL about your trip after you get rested up!

I just LOVE the mommy and baby Panda. Very cool.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Shauna and MacLean said...

Welcome home Sharon and Ellie! What a long trip and now your life together begins. Enjoy every minute. Time does fly.

take care,
Shauna

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

So glad to here you all made it home and all is well! Playdate today???? Just Kidding :) It took a couple of weeks for me to get over the jetlag and function like a normal person.

Wow the mural is awesome. What a neat and special surprise! So sweet of your family and friends yo have your home all ready and cheery! Can't wait to hear and see pictures of your trip. Rest up :)

Jenny and Abba

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

Welcome Home Shannon & Ellie!!!

Hope you can get some rest and get the jet lag out of your systems quickly. The mural is beautiful!

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Joannah said...

That is an amazing mural. What a special thing to come home to.

I can't wait to read more about your trip and your new life at home.

:-)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger kitchu said...

So glad you guys are home at last!! Love that room, Garth and I just bought paint and are doing bamboo too (not the real stuff though)- Garth is an amazing painter and has all kinds of ideas, so I told him just to run with it!! :O)

Hope you are getting some much needed rest! Can't wait to hear more about your trip and see more pics of your adorable Elena!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Sherry Mc said...

Prayers are answered and you two, oops I mean three are home safely. Hope I can tag along for Ellie and Abby's play date. Abby's Meema (Sherry Mc)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Special K said...

Welcome home. Can't wait to hear all about the trip. You know we waiters have to live vicariously thru you. Plus we need lots of advice from those that have BTDT. But get some rest first. LOL!

PS. Love the mural!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Welcome home!!!!

First I must say you are so amazing to be so in tune with us waiting mommas!!! Touches my heart like you would not believe.

How awesome to have such an amazing mural on Ellie's bedroon wall!!! Sooooo thoughful of M and M.

Can't wait to see and hear more about the trip AND ELLIE!!!! Get all rested up!

A late God Jul (norwegian merry christmas)

Hugs
Lisa

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Welcome home! Welcome home! Welcome home! Welcome home!

Keep smilin

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger t~ said...

Welcome Home and Welcome to America Ellie!

Beautiful mural and such a wonderful surprise. I loved that your family filled your house with recent photos. What a loving touch to add to the journey.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jenny and Kevin said...

That mural is gorgeous!! Glad you all made it home, what a loooooong ride in the sky, eh? Ours was a bit shorter flying east. Madeline is still on China time, so we haven't had much sleep since leaving on China's Friday. It is 7 pm and I'm headed to bed!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

welcome home!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Welcome home! What a treat to have so many loved ones meet you and Ellie at the airport!

So many help to bring our children home...it's sweet of you to think of those who helped you with your trip and thank them. I want to remember that.

Beautiful mural!!! What a gift from the heart!

Praying for you and Ellie as you settle in to home as mommy and daughter.

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

congrats on being home..love the pics

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

YAY! You're HOME!

What a beautiful mural!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm glad you're home safe & sound!! Get some rest momma and Happy Christmas!!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

HURRAH! You are home - sleep, sleep, sleep and enjoy that lovely new mural - what a perfect gift!!!

HUGS,
Kim

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ellie!
Shannon aka Ellie's Mom - what wonderful family and friends you have. I often say it took a village to get my kids home from Russia. The mural is just awesome! Thanks for sharing your journey, we are happy you are home.

Mary
Luke & Lauren's Mom

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Welcome home Shannon and Ellie! I really enjoyed reading about your trip! Ellie is just precious!

Wanda

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Debbie and Sam said...

Welcome home! The mural is beautiful. How lucky to know such talent!! Relax, recover and enjoy your new sweet little girl. Her smile lights up the photos.

Debbie

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Carletta said...

Lovely mural!

I'm so glad you are home safe and sound with little Ellie.
I remember all the talking at school in the lunchroom about this day and now it's here!
Congrats Mommy Shannon!!!!
Happy New Year - this year will be your greatest yet!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Welcome Home Sweet New Family! Love all the smiles in the prior post. Hope that sleep & peace are finding you in this new year & in your home! xo

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Any updates? :):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home