Thursday, November 29, 2007

What I learned from my students today...

Future occupation choices of my students include: being a pencil sharpener (hoping she means the class job and not the actual object), a shopper at a mall (I'm pretty sure she doesn't mean mystery shopper), a teenager, a dinosaur, a McD*nalds or W*endy's (heaven forbid you be a B*rger K*ing, BTW), a daddy, a barber shop, and a people.
I do agree that being a people is definitely a full time job, but it sure doesn't pay well.
Ways to make your voice get better: Hot chocolate, a back rub, holding my breath, and braiding my hair (I'm guessing that last little girl might be a beauty shop when she grows up?!)




I have hall duty in the morning and "get to" ride a bus in the afternoon as our kids can get a bit, ummm...rowdy. Our bus delivers right across from the house that the swat team surrounded yesterday trying to flush out a suspected killer of a one-year old girl. Everyday when my student's head back home I worry about them for so many reasons...but that's another topic.

So, between Ch*ck E. Ch**se sending the kids off today on the bus ramp (school night tonight), a foul-mouthed fourth grader and hyped up kids crowing about blown out windows I've learned that I might need to start taking Ny*Quil during the day, too. =)

6 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Shannon you and all of the rest of the teachers out there deserve awards for all of the sacrifices that you make!

P.S. Thanks for the cute post card! It is adorable :)

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I'm not even sick and I'm ready to start taking D@yquil! It's not so much the kids. It's their parents. They belong in a special d@y class... ;-)

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

I don't envy your job at all. I think it'd have its touching moments (like finding out what job they want to do!) but foul-mouthed 4th graders would drive me bonkers! You must be a very patient and gifted lady!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Hey! I want to be a Wendy when I grow up, too. LOL.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

PS - Hope that you're feeling better. XO

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

you are TOO funny - hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home