I Made It!

Yesterday I made it through my second half marathon (13.1 miles)!! My goal was just to finish this year at about 3 hours since my training was not even up to last years standards. Mental note: poor training = still stiff and sore the day after! This summer I just couldn't mentally prepare (Stuck to the computer I suppose!) and with Gracie's leg surgery...oh the excuses I could come up with! =)
Anyway, I finished. I ran the first 7 miles and then did a jog/walk til I got to the last 3 on the boardwalk. It was a tough last few miles. I swear they kept moving that finish line...or it could have been a mirage at that point!
Right now it looks like I will have next summer to train since Ellie probably won't be here by then. My goal is to beat last years time of 2:30. I'm not a runner by any means, but knowing I can finish these races is exhilerating. Plus, it helps control the Ben & Jerry damage a bit! I swear I don't know how people can do full on marathons...crazy! The next race is the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure in October. Only 3 miles (thank goodness) for a very worthy cause. But my immediate goal is to regain full movement of my legs before the kids arrive at school tomorrow! Enjoy the rest of the long weekend everyone.



10 Comments:
Good for you! I love the Race for the Cure too. It's an easy piece and for a great cause. I am very impressed with you half-marathon...the only marathon I'm doing lately is computer-chair dancing!
It IS shameful.
Oh, and I'm holding onto the hope that by the end of next summer you'll be trotting along with a jogging stroller!
Good for you, Shannon. My friend is running a half-marathon at Disneyland in two weeks. I'll be there to cheer her on, but you won't catch me running any race anytime soon. ;-)
I admire you for sticking with it.
Your a champ in my eyes!!!
Congratulation! I'm impressed. That's a long run. I did 6.5 miles once on a relay team in the Air Force marathon and thought I was going to die. And that was after training for a few months. Good job!
Way to go!!! Good luck with the kiddies tommorow.
Congrats! Your a good sport.
Stories to tell Elena someday!
*HUGABUGS*
Congratulations! That is amazing to be able to finish running 13.1 miles. I couldn't do it! I'm impressed with anyone who can.
Congrats!
It is so awesome that you were able to do this!!! I am just beginning a walk to run program, and I can't even imagine at this point being able to do what you are doing. Keep up the good and hard work!
WAY TO GO!! I'm so impressed with people who are dedicated enough to exercise to actually run a marathon! I'm lucky if I don't loose my breath on a long flight of stairs.
I wish I had just one ounce of your motivation.
Donna :)
I am avery impressed!!! A runner?? Way to go on 1/2 marathon!!!
Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home