Saturday, September 09, 2006

Chinese Cooking Class


Dannette (my SIL) and I attended the latest local FCC (Families with Children from China) event today. A cooking class! Now although the both of us are not especially known for our cooking skills (!) we had a great time and got to sample amazing shrimp won ton soup, dumplings, spring rolls, spinach salad, and chicken and broccoli. Yum!

Sherry Chow (aka Mama Chow!) has a beautiful shop, Sherry's Garden and holds cooking classes in the back of the shop. Sherry makes the class lots of fun and has some wonderful items in her shop.
Check out the QK purse (and matching wallet!) that I "earned" for all my cooking efforts! =)

5 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I would love to take a cooking class like that. BTW that purse is very cute - reminds me of a Vera Bradley bag.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Special K said...

What fun! My cooking skills are extremely limited. If it doesn't include venting the plastic wrap, pushing the 2 minute timer and rotating halfway through... well then it's not for me. Poor Mia!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

That looks like fun. I enjoy cooking but rarely do it. I am not big on cooking for myself but I love to cook when others are here. Still, I gotta admit I don't get too creative unless there's going to be at least 4 people. Doy! So, I really don't get food creative too often ;0)

Joannah is right. That bag looks like a Vera.

I'm building an interest in a quilting class. I've decided I would really like to make Jadyn's quilt. It looks like I'll have plenty of time!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Connie, I'm taking a quilting class (a table runner) starting Tuesday. We'll see how far I get!

Joannah, the bags do look very Vera, but are less expensive. A good thing 'cause I'm rough on shoes and bags!

Krista, I'm right there with ya! Thank goodness my Mom lives nearby so Elena will get some real food!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Debra Sue said...

Looks like fun, and it all sounds yummy! I would love it if we had something like that here, but alas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home