Two for Tuesday 3rd ed.

"Officer Buckle & Gloria" is great fun for adults & kids. The pictures of Gloria the Dog are hilarious! (Check out the book to find out why!) Peggy Rathman (www.peggyrathmann.com/officerbuckle.html) also wrote "Ruby the Copycat" which my students read & enjoyed this summer. A good story & lesson.

My other recommendation is for both the little ones and first/second graders. "Knufflebunny" by Mo Willems has amazing picture/illustrations and is a sweet "cautionary" tale. Anyone who has ever had a blankie or stuffed animal permanently attached to their side will understand!
Enjoy the reads and let me know what you think!



3 Comments:
Thanks for the book recommendations! Always on the lookout for good kiddie reads.
Keep smilin!
Thanks again Shannon! I haven't heard of either of these. I need to get my little second grader a pick me up. He is having a hard time this year. Maybe one of these books will work.
Okay, when kiddo book time gets serious I know who I am getting in touch with for an extensive list!
Post a Comment
<< Home