Monday, August 21, 2006

Closing the Singles Program??


More & more agencies are trying to get their singles to turn in their paperwork asap. What has been a rumor for years has more & more indications of becoming a fact. It seems China just might be about to totally shut down adoption for singles (which already are allowed to be only 8% of adopting families). Past years have shown that singles already logged in (LID) would be grandfathered in. Needless to say, singles who have spots for 2007 or are looking forward to their child having a sibling and those of us waiting to hear grandfathering *will* happen are very upset & concerned. Will we have to wait til October/November for confirmation?

4 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Shannon. I know this must be an especially difficult time for you. I am thinking of you and hoping that this has no impact on you whatsoever. I also hope we hear something soon in regards to these rumored new regulations.

Your Secret Pal

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Shannon - coming from the one who was freaking yesterday, I believe we will be okay. It would just be far too ugly to not grandfather us. Unprecedented! Talk about bad press...ugh!

Still, my heart is with those with 2007 slots and for those of us, myself included, who were hoping for mei-mei from China.

It's not a given yet, only time will tell and we will get through together.

Hang in! I'm right there with you :0)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I'm weary of all the question marks in this process. :-(

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Special K said...

We're all a little stressed right now waiting for some resolution. I really hope they don't shut the door on singles. I was thinking of maybe going back for mei-mei in a few years.

But Vietnam just opened after closing for awhile so who's to say... the singles shut out might be temporary. Hoping for the best here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home