Saturday, July 22, 2006

Gracie's Back Home


Gracie is home and being very vocal about her unenjoyable stay and current uncomfortable situation. She usually follows me around from room to room so she is upset that she's confined to her doggie bed (she has an absolute tantrum in a crate). It took forever to check her out of the vet care facility. I just sat there anxiously with my Dad, looking at the door, waiting to see her. Made me think about how I will be feeling when I am sitting in that room, waiting for my name to be called and Ellie to be carried in by her nannies.
Thanks for everyone's posts and emails. She is doing ok for now. Oh those sad brown eyes! And yes, Bernie and Gracie are at opposite ends of the house, ignoring each other. Pretty much back to normal! =)

11 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

POOR PUPPY!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

She looks so sad... I hope her recovery is quick!!!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

So sweet! I can't wait to see her with a happy face when she is feeling more herself. I'm sure Bernie feels better knowing Gracie is back in the same house...just not gonna let anyone know that ;0)

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

She's such a cute and chubby little doggy. I just want to squeeze her!

I hope you feel better soon, Gracie!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said...

Oh Shannon I'm so glad Gracie is home and on the recovery path now!! I too find it so hard seeing my puppy in any pain, and trust me with a lab I have had a few vet visits and surgeries.....self inflicted though by my puppy!!!

Also dont get to excited about my blog post about the 4-9 month referral time frame....I'm adopting with the Waiting Child Program......sorry to get you excited. I better post a reminder to everyone!!!

Hope recovery is fast for Gracie and I look forward to seeing her up & about soon!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Glad to see Gracie is home and nice to see she didn't have to wear that silly lampshade collar!
kisses to you Gracie *SSSSSSMACK*

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Nice to see Gracie is home! I hope she is up and around soon!!!!!!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Yup, Joannah, Gracie is my Baby Beluga.=) I keep thinking she must be part Basset or Corgi! Her metabolism and activity level are sooooo lllloooooowwwww. Bernie, on the other hand, is neurotic and constantly moving. Skinny little thing. Gracie eats anything and Bernie will refuse treats if she doesn't want that particular type. So different!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Aw... poor Gracie. I hope she continues to heal quickly. It's so hard to watch them be miserable. I'm sure you are a great nurse!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Ava's family said...

Get well soon Gracie!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Stephe said...

Awe, she looks so sad. Atleast she's recovering and home with Mommy and Bernie!!! Feel better soon Gracie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home