Monday, July 10, 2006

Dossier Doubts


The CCAA is in the midst of reviewing Nov/Dec 2005 dossiers. There have been reports of a few surprising dossier denials due to various reasons. Plus the CCAA is supposedly tightening their requirements. I'm guessing my Feb 06 dossier should be in review by early Fall and I'm starting to get concerned, especially as a single. I hadn't thought about what I would do, what life would be without Ellie. I've been too busy trying to guesstimate referral date and counting back to possible birth months, matching her age to my nephew due in early November, reading about attachment, planning my school work so I can get home earlier and how to acclimate my dogs to a new little attention seeker. I've put off the thought of possible rejection. I really feel for those families who have had been denied. Hopefully their dreams have just been temporarily deferred. And hopefully my mind will re-focus on Ellie playing with her cousins next summer.

10 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Shannon - I too had some recent worries. I choose to believe them unfounded. I went through my own dossier with a fine-toothed comb and found my only possible 'issue' to be being single. IF (and that's a big 'if') requirements on singles change I do not believe it will prevent us from becoming parents. That just cannot be instated for those already logged in....I HAVE to believe that and I really do.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I think you will pass with flying colors!

I'm so glad that you like your quilt square.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger C said...

Shannon,
I too wondered for a great deal of time whether or not my dossier was OK. Frankly, that might be borrowed trouble. Not a speck of trouble with mine. It is very unusual for people to get as far as you and not be allowed to adopt. Everything I hear says that once your dossier is logged in you are good to go.

Remember also, singles quotas don't pertain to SN. There are lots of kids with very mild SN issues that could be adopted. I've actually thought if I go back for dd #2 I may go that route.

I know how you need to protect your heart. The wait is so hard.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I believe we are put on this earth for a reason, sometimes the reason is not for our benefit but the benefit of others surrounding us. You have given so much joy and hope to potential adoptive parents through your blog...whatever happens...Ellie is real. :) Love, Aunt Karen

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Hey no worrying until you have something to worry about!!!

By the way I'm tagging you. If you want to play check out my blog

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you Shannon.....
wondering if some minor medical issues will be something I need to worry about. It is scary.

Thank you so so so much for the wonderful package! The bunny (my 15 yr old has hijacked her) the wonderful afghan, the books and the glass ladybug.
Your such a thoughtful and wonderful pal.....

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Stephe said...

HMMM...I had not heard this, dish some details!!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I've been worried myself. I have an LID of early Dec, and I keep freaking out every time my phone rings, thinking it's my agency calling to tell me it's a no go. It sort of is the way I felt before I graduated college, up until they handed me a diploma I was SURE someone would yell, hey, SHE needs another math class! or something equally as yucky. I won't feel good until the stupid web site says it's through Dec. Hang in there. We're all in the same boat I guess.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Ava's family said...

I don't think you need to worry at all. I think we all are going to breath a sigh of relief when we make in thru review.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Just got back on line today and now I need to check out what your talking about. Ugg sometimes being away is worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home