Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Fridge Exposed


Lisa, Jillian, Connie and Donna are some of the brave souls that have opened their pantries to the blog world! Donna upped us all with adding her fridge! So I thought I'd join the mess, I mean fun! =) My pantry/cupboard has only dog food so here are two shots of my fridge. Just look at them! Notice the gold lid eye gel (works so much better cold...but I always forget it's in there!)and also notice the restaurant take-away box. Yes, this is my fridge. Looking at these pictures you'd think I'd be much thinner!! =)I'm not much of a cook and I am not motivated to cook for myself, especially when you have lots of leftovers for days after. Luckily my parents live nearby and invite me over...often. I know, pathetic...but my Mom's cooking is delicious and isn't it nice that I spend time with my parents?! (Don't fall out of your chair laughing on that last comment, Mom!) Guess one of my goals for this GREAT WAIT for Ellie is to learn how to cook for her. (Or else hope Mom sets another spot at their house!)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm just laughing myself silly. Your poor fridge. Although I can claim a full fridge I suspect we have about the same amount of edibles.

My fridge just looks busy....it's more of a food morgue. Speaking of which, gotta get the trash out tonight ;0)

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Joannah said...

Wow, my fridge looks well stocked now! LOL! ;-)

Just when you think you'll learn to cook for Elena, all she'll want to eat is Mac 'n Cheese!

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said...

Haha...we have so much in common!!! Us poor "Singal Gals". My fridge looks pretty much like yours and I too have a spot a lot of nights for dinner at my parents!! We will have a SHOCK to our system when our daughters arrive!! I can cook also, but to cook 3 meals a day...everyday!!! I do have to get practicing...lol

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said...

That is really funny! I guess your grocery bill isn't expensive?!?!? Thanks for the laugh!

Tiffany

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

You poor soul.... no people food??? Only dog food??? You are lucky that you live close to mom and can keep that relationship going by letting her feed you!!! HaHA!!! I am wishing most night I lived closer to my parents!! They are 30 min away.... I eat fast food too much!!! Happy Fourth!!!


Lisa

P.S. Email me... I don't have you email address... mine in on my blog as link...

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Happy 4th my US friend, wow y0ou must not get too many late night fridge raids!
GRRRRROOOOOUULLLPPP! Opps I think that was your fridges tummy growling!
So after studying your fridge I've come up with at least one recipe...Half a cup of Silk ( Freeze a little while and stir.. freeze a little more stir again as to make it a tad bit slushy, got a can opener, (she passes it to me) Thanks! chop up pinapple into tiny bits , put two spoonfuls over the frozen silk, a then add a generous helping of raspberry/strawberry Jam (Your mom make it?), take your chocolate syrup and drizzel over top and Voila! a SUPER SILK SHANNON SUNDAY! Great for those late night hunger pains! Any chance there was Hagan Dais in the freezer? It took too long to freeze your silk!
BTW what is the red thing a tomato or a pomagrant?
Enjoy!
LOVE YA! *HUGABUGS*
OK I'll show you my fridge sometime this week.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Deb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

LOL!!I had no idea my FRIDGE could be growling of hunger! The Super Shannon Sunday sounds like a plan, Deb! Very creative! My SIL made the strawberry jam. No choc syrup though (note to get some!) I think you're looking at the never opened non-fat balsamic vinagrette! Never bought any lettuce to use it on! =) And no yummy pomegranates, just plain ol' apples to bring to school. I will try freezing the silk though! I've found throwing in frozen strawberries with vanilla silk and a splenda or choc silk with ice cubes and a banana to be very yummy!
Joannah- Score!!! I *can* make mac n cheese!!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

Hi Shannon,

I've enjoyed reading your blog and decided to start one of my own. I have recently made the wonderful choice to start the process of adopting a daughter. That is how I stumbled upon your blog. so many links I have no idea how I got here. But I felt you were a great starting point. I'm still in the process of choosing the agency, but feel pretty confident in the one I am leaning towards. Anyway I just wanted to say Hi and congrats on how close you are.
-Kristen

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Ava's family said...

At least you can find everything! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home