Wednesday, June 28, 2006

SIMPLY GORGEOUS!


Yet another wonderful gift from my Aunt Karen (you know the one you all want to adopt you too!) **UPDATE*** She went to Ireland recently and I thought she found this beautiful dress there. But it has an even better, inspiring story attached to it. Please check out the comments by both Karen and the talented woman who made the dress!! I have a couple of pictures so you can see the detail a bit better...it's exquisite. Ellie's outfits are starting to add up! Karen, thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity and winning bid! =) Marianne, you and your sister are making a real difference, I hope getting the word out here helps to further support MS research.

11 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

That's beautiful! What a treasure!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Adorable! I love the green ribbon.
Can't wait to see her in it!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

That is STUNNING. Of course, I am now having dreams that Jadyn will turn into Jacob and Ellie into Ethan! Oh wow....what would we do with all those dresses! I realize the chances are slim...but! Well, how could I survive if I didn't have something to think about? ;0)

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Connie- I soooo know what you mean! Although Ethan is better than the Elmo/Elmer my family was coming up with! Not that a boy wouldn't be wonderful, but I have all these great hand-me-downs and of course the pink room! =) So in order to make certain (haha)I am matched with my daughter I have put some thought into a boy's name too! Sort of my way of getting comfortable with it so as to sway my chances. Does that make sense?! (I know, I'm losing it!)

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Ava's family said...

Ava is going to be Aiden & he's going to be dressing in drag! =)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Georgous Dress!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

It's beautiful!! I can't wait to see your little one in it!! :-)

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon,

So glad you love the dress. My friend, Marianne Hales Harding, a playwright living in England made it to donate the proceeds for MS...I was the highest bidder. Marianne's sister has MS. Marianne also makes custom dresses for those of you who love what you see. I asked her to add the green ribbon to match your Motiff of pink and lime green. Below is her story:

Subject: Crochet Dress for MS 150 Bike Tour

Hi guys! You might remember that some time ago I emailed you all about my
sister raising money for MS Research by doing the MS150 Bike Tour. Her
fundraising has gone really well. In addition to the money that you all
(and others like you) donated after I sent out my last email, they have held
a special garage sale and made a quilt to sell (among other things).
Several folks not only wanted to donate money, they decided to do the bike
tour as well--so my sister formed a team!

I have been working on a crocheted dress that we are going to sell to raise
money. Every penny of the purchase price goes directly to MS Research (I'm
even donating the postage to send it to the purchaser). I'm attaching
pictures of the dress--please contact me if you would like to purchase it
(name your price...but remember this is for charity and it took me several
months to complete!) and please feel free to forward this to anyone you know
who might be interested. I can also do custom dresses (added ruffles,
specific colors, contrasting roses etc.).

Thanks!

Marianne

marianne_hales_harding@hotmail.com

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you love it! I'd be more than happy for your Aunt Karen to adopt me too so this dress was as much a labor of love as anything else I've done. Good luck with your new baby.

Marianne

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress = 2 thumbs up :-)
~Myriam~

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Wow, Thanks to Marianne and Karen for visiting my site. What a wonderful cause you are both supporting. Marianne, the time and talent you put into the dress is certainly apparent! And now it's even more special. Many thanks for this beautiful dress and best wishes to you as you continue to support research to cure and prevent MS.
Ladies, what do you think of a picture of all our girls in crocheted dresses sitting on the red couch at the White Swan?!!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home