Saturday, May 27, 2006

Mail with no Male =)


Besides bills, this is one of the most dreaded pieces of mail that a single/non-dating person can get. It is, of course, the Wedding Invitation. The one beautifully scripted with your name & Guest. As much as you adore the couple getting married, this envelope along with the cute little RSVP card( _____# will be attending) causes distress and anguish. And get this, I was the one who set up the couple after I was set up with guy! Ahh, well. At least knowing I'll be attending alone means I don't have to try and goad someone else to go! =)

10 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I hear you! There's nothing more uncomfortable than not having a good date for an event like a wedding.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said...

I hear you! I'm usually just fine being single, but there are moments where I wish I had someone. I don't blame you for not wanting to go.

Tiffany

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

"And Guest" -- I hate those words. And if there's going to be a bouquet toss, then just forget about it!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Ooooh, that nametag thing is HORRIBLE!! And the bouquet toss is just awful as you become the oldest (next to the teenagers!) single person in the room!

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. This sucks. I'm sorry.
My husband and I work opposite shifts, so I usually go alone, or not at all.
It's awkward.

"Guest", could that perhaps mean a pet? Now that would be funny!!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Hey-
I just got one of these too!!! I am not sure what I will do.... I kind of promised the bride I would help watch over things!!

Lisa

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

GRRRRR! I hate those. I've been to several weddings by myself and although I was really happy for my friends, I just dreaded being there and I hightailed it home as soon as possible. It just STINKS. You're right, being single is great most of the time. But at weddings it's the worst. Especially when well meaning relatives come up and go "so when is it going to be YOUR turn?" Like I know the answer to that question?!?! I'm getting worked up just thinking about it!!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Had sad that you can't go. Are you sure there's no one you can take with you? It says guest - take your best friend?!

I agree with the bouquet toss - skip that one!

:) Lee-Anne

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Sorry, bad morning...
Should read
HOW sad...

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Donna doing, anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home