Monday, May 15, 2006

And it's only Monday...


What an afternoon. I came home to discover that I had unintentionally left a non-anonymous secret pal message on my secret pals blogsite! I can't believe it! What a goof. She had written such a compelling blog that I responded right away, didn't even realize what I had done. I outed myself! So anyway, Holly, now I can add your blog to my list of favorites! (Sorry!)
Then I found out through the Feb DTC Yahoo site that a couple also using my agency had recently received their LID. Our agency previously swore up and down that we didn't get one. Even started quite a stir on the groups (Why do they not wait to get logged in? Why is your agency so special?!) So I emailed my agency and found out that LID's aren't usually "significant" (!!!!!) but now with the piecemeal referrals... I just want to say that I think that I understand the agencies don't have a lot of info, particularly about this wait, but when you have *real* info, it would be nice to pass it on, y'know? Now I have to change my little ticker at the top of my blog...(I guess now I get to celebrate 3 months down again tomorrow)...
AND...three schools nearby us went on lock-down due to gunshots this afternoon. Good grief. I'm exhausted with all this news! I might have to tape Gray's Anatomy finale and head to bed early!! =)

9 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Wow, that's quite a day. I think you may need a cup of tea (or a glass of wine, if that's your thing). Put your feet up and relax!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

I don't think a cup of tea, will be enough, for a day like that!!! It is really odd, that the agency's don't think that the LID is significant - when that's how China allocates - from the LIDs!!!
Anyway, we know that, they know that - but pretend they dont', so it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist!

Have that drink, go to bed early - and awaken to the new rumours tomorrow!!!

Lee-anne
PS - got your book for Bella today - it's awesome, thanks so much!!! it will be treasured!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Gosh what a day ('cept the Secret Pal goof - that was cute!). Hope tomorrow is much better for you!

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Lock down??? Outing yourself to your secret pal??? Agency Lid problems???? Holy #$@% you deserve to kick you feet up and have Dr McDreamy come rub your back!!!! Oh and eat good chocolates!!!!

Lisa

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, admit it .....that's pretty much a typical day for you..... I loved the monkey and cat photos....made my morning! Giggy

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, when it rains it pours! I sure hope today was a better day Shannon! My biggest fear was that I would blow my secret identity by leaving a comment on your blog. Now if I do, I know you will understand! School is almost finished and I hope you can relax then.
Hang in there!

Your FEB DTC Secret Pal

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a confession.
I knew who you were before you "outted" yourself.
I'm a snoop who looks at return addresses, etc. Beside the fact that I'm a PI occasionally (really I am).
I'm so glad your my Secret Pal. You send great presents!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Congrats on finding out your LID!!!

Tiffany

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Holly, You little sneak!! =) Wow, a PI? Very cool! Maybe you can help me determine my secret pal (see anonymous comment above yours for clues!)

To my Secret Pal, I'm still being good and not tracking you down in one of your various adresses! Very mysterious, by the way... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home