Musings

My dad and brother helped me move furniture around this weekend. Moved my "office" out and started putting Elena's furniture into her bedroom. It hit me tonight that this is really going to happen. I am going to have a child. I mean, the paperchase was a constant reminder, but I've applied to so many programs/schools/grad schools etc. that I tend to love paperwork and it was kind of a game. But now my whole environment is beginning to change. First of all, I have to get rid of some of the junk I've accumulated over the past 34 years!! (How can one person's belongings fill a whole three-bedroom ranch style house with garage?!! Good grief!!)Second, I have this amazing new little bedroom now with a dresser and table topped with quite a few stuffed animals, blankets, dolls and books in it which is making me tear up every time I pass by. I'm gonna be a mommy! =)



5 Comments:
I'm so excited for you! It is emotional (and fun) to do some of the tangible things we do to prepare, isn't it? I've been experiencing that need to reorganize and redecorate rooms in my house too. I think they call it 'nesting'.
Just think how it will be to walk by that room a year from now!It's all so eciting. The fun part is coming!
How exciting!! When you get done there, you can out to our place...we have 33 years of accumulation. That should keep you busy until Elena comes. I guess I forgot the "organization" step when we had kids? Your on your way!! I hope it goes fast!!
Love
Aunt Jude
It is hard to believe that soon we will be mommas!!! I can't wait to see the finished nursery!!! I'm still using my office and need to get going on this nursery... soon... Instead I will head to the store and buy more PEEPS and a bag of Cadbury eggs... thanks for reminding me of these little treasures!!!
Lisa
Can't wait to see pics! Enjoy!
Tiffany
Post a Comment
<< Home