Speech Funny

As a speech-language therapist in an elementary school, I get lots of "precious" language moments. Today I was working with a small group of students on basic antonyms, something we'd been working on over the past few sessions. I always try and use the words antonym and opposite interchangeably so they get used to both. Well, today we played ANTONYM JEOPARDY!!! Of course they had to say "I would like antonyms for #, please." What I got was "I would like m&m's for 100, please." Wouldn't we all?! Cracked me up. Thinking back over the year I can also remember hearing "maggot" for "magnet" and "Iraqian" for "Iroquoian" and "frosted flake" for "snowflake." Gotta love those moments!



1 Comments:
Kids do say the funniest thngs!!!! What a fun and rewardsing job to be able to hear these little precious kids learn to speak!!
Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home