Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mailbox Blues


I have a question for my friends who have BTDT or are waiting for their referral...
WHEN IS MY BROWN ENVELOPE GONNA ARRIVE?!!
For the rest of my friends and family, the brown envelope will let me know that the US Embassy in China is expecting me and has been informed of my intent to adopt.
My fingerprint appointment was 12/22/05 and I received my I-171H on 12/29/05 (I know, pretty fast and with the Christmas holiday too!!) Somehow I feel that receiving 'the brown envelope' will make me feel like this process is still moving forward! So any ideas on when this paperwork is gonna grace my mailbox?!! Thank you!!

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I got my brown envelope before I was DTC. It was strange and totally unexpected. I would ask your agency what the time frames are supposed to be. I used to know, but i've blocked out as much of the paperwork drama as I could at this point!! ha ha ha...good luck!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Hmmmm, I think I got the brown envelope about a month or so after my fingerprinting. Some people don't ever get a brown envelope. If you don't get one, you can still get the necessary paperwork.

Tiffany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home