Monday, January 26, 2009

Year of the Ox


Bullet style. No bullets though as I STILL can't figure them out!

We are celebrating the Chinese New Year with the local F@milies With Children from China on the 8th. This year I get to go with my daughter! Woo-hoo!

Ellie seems to have caught a cold and is snorting up a storm. We went out to lunch with my mom and Ellie proceeded to vomit all over my mom who was holding her at the time. SO AWFUL! Poor Ellie! Poor my mom! Poor the diners next to us! We quickly cleaned E and mom up, paid and ran outta there. We had to laugh after 'cause it had me in tears! My mom is such a trouper and Ellie seems to be doing much better and it has gone back to just a snotty nose. Sadly being under the weather, she has brought back some of her older hitting her forehead habits. We were doing so well moving past them. I put a humidifier (I know-who needs one of those in the south?) in her room but I just turned it off as I think it is freaking her out.
Always something.

I have a date night tomorrow to see Ave. Q.

Fingers crossed for my March LIDders that the "horrid" case option (thru 3/7) at least happens in the next referral batch. Can't believe it's been worse than horrid so often.

Working on a new blog layout (Yeah, I know, I can't even get the bullets working!) I started this one so long ago many of the new applications aren't available!

This is my last week of maternity leave. Very sad. Looking at the new school budget though it is lucky I have a job. Still, very sad.

Why is my only option to see the second half of the new P.B.S. version of Wuther.ing Heights at the ridiculous time of 2 a.m.? WHY? Now, when I first returned from China, that might have been an option with the jet lag but not now! I'm yawning at 7 p.m.!

Debz, I'm working on my fabulous blogs post. =)

Ok, off to bed if I don't get distracted first...

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Awww! Poor Ellie! I hope your little sweetpea is feeling better today.
Enjoy your date tonight.
Looking forward to seeing your new blog layout, and of course your Fabulous Blog award post!
Have a restful last week off. Hopefully the transition won't be too difficult on either of you.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

I'm lovin' me these bullets!!!

So sorry E is sick! I think I would be in tears also. Hug hugs when your maternity leave ends. Have a great date night at Ave E. Look forward to the new blog look. Thanks for remembering us March 7 LIDers!! Cannot even imagine having to wait until April for a referral!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your little one if feeling better. I have been at the pediatrician almost once a week since returning from China the end of November. We are also going to the HRFCC CNY bash on 2/8. Hope to see you there. We (you and I) will win the award for the "most recently home from China". Our daughter just turned 16 months and is such a joy. However, she is still not sleeping through the night! Perhaps we can get the little gals together at CNY for a quick playdate. See ya soon ~
Lisa Libby
Chesapeake

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger 2dumplings4me said...

Shannon,
Sorry Ellie is not well. It's the worst when your child is sick. Try the warm mist humidifier with the Vicks solution in it. It works wonders. Grace was a head banger too. It was horrible in China and dramatically reduced when we got home. She often reverted back when she was sick or stressed (i.e. learning a new skill). She totally kicked the habit by about 4 months home. As awful as it seems, it's actually comforting to them (so they say). See you at the FCC CNY. I can't wait to see your little darling. Kristy, Grace and Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home