Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Midweek Filler



Today a mouse scurried right in the door of my classroom, past a wide-eyed student, down the center of the classroom and finally (thankfully!) under the heater. My fourth grade boys proceeded to finish the lesson (what could be salvaged)with their feet tucked under their bottoms. =) Usually the mice stay out of my room (as far as I know!) and wander about in the other, busier, "trashier" rooms. Lately, about once a week you will hear screams (teacher led, I might add) from one of the halls. Lambs and mice do not belong at school.


My knee is killing me! Back in early November I tripped on a preschooler's shoelaces and tried not to fall on the poor girl. I managed to avoid T@j-Zh@ne, but fell square on my right knee. It's still hurting two months later. I don't really have a doctor since (knock on wood) I rarely need one. I'm never gonna run the next half-marathon or be able to kneel and clean up Ellie's toys if it doesn't heal soon! My SIL, however, is burning up the treadmill for the Sh@mrock 8k.(Way to go, D!)

I filled out my summer school application today. Another opportunity to save money for China, right?!

Lastly, it's Re@ding Month so we have guest readers Friday (therefore, no way I can interupt for therapy as it is on par with testing!) and tomorrow is pajama day! Yup, even the teachers!

7 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I like to "observe" the mice. If the children sit quietly enough, we can watch him do his mouse like things!
Can you believe neighboring cities and absolutely NO ice here!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I LOVED pajama day! Sadly, I was the only person at my job(as a before/afterschool childcare worker) that would wear them to school. C'mon people! You worked with five year olds!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Mice? That's terrible! Yuck!

I think you should have your knee checked. Two months is plenty of time for it to have healed. I hope you'll see a doctor and make sure it's not serious. Do it for Elena!

:-)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh no. Pajama Day? That is above and beyond the call of duty....

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger 4D said...

Hope your knee is better soon.

Is it time for a class kitty cat?

I wish we had pyjama day here at the office...how much fun would that be?

Keep smilin!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Ava's family said...

I fell on my left knee (on the ice)on Christmas and it STILL hurts! You can still see it bruised deep under the skin. Hope yours starts feeling better soon!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Sorry about the bad knee! PJ day!! Time to put away the Victoria Secret stuff and get out the old flannels!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home