Countdown to Sanity
2 MORE DAYS before summer vacation!!
I was packing up some of my classroom yesterday and realized that I had nowhere to store this 4 ft. long Clifford the Big Red Dog and 2 ft. high Roo from Winnie the Pooh.
A 1st grade student (not one of mine) had given them to me; probably when she was forced to 'sort and pitch' some of her stuffed animal collection! Instead of stuffing them in a closet I gave them to the Media Center Specialist who already has a nice collection of story characters for the students to cuddle while they read.
Of course, I felt I had to ask A's permission before I gave her friends away. So today I asked A. if it was ok if Clifford and Roo "stayed the summer with their friends in the library so they wouldn't be lonely." She smiled this huge smile and started to giggle. She agreed, still giggling. I'm still not sure if A. was laughing because that made her happy or she thinks I'm a crazy person...At this point of school, most of the teachers would agree we are *all* at the crazy person stage!
2 MORE DAYS!!!



4 Comments:
Less than 48 hours now....you can do it! Hopefully you have a plan to celebrate :0)
48 hours until vacation???? Yippee!!! More time to blog and work on Ellie's nursery!!!
Lisa
Yes, two more days! They can't go by fast enough.
I love your secret pal gifts. I can hardly wait to do SP with my DTC group, too.
Vacation look out here she comes, have yourself a great time, kick back and totally enjoy. I hope for your vacation you have slow sleeps and many Elena dreams.
*Hugs*
Hope your package shows up Friday.
Post a Comment
<< Home